Consumer Loan Officer I
- 1620 N Signal Dr, Liberty Lake, WA 99019, USA
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Consumer Loan Officer I position is primarily responsible for assisting both existing and new members to originate consumer loans including auto, boat, RV, unsecured, MasterCard and home equity loans. This position also seeks opportunities to bring existing loans over to STCU, as well as cross-selling payment protection and GAP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in consumer lending for a financial institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a customer service, call center or sales related position.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key calculator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.