Loan and Member Service Officer I
- 13501 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99216, USA
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Loan and Member Service Officer I position connects with new and existing members through an interactive, consultative process that deepens relationships and member loyalty with STCU. This position serves the member by providing financial direction to assist in meeting their current and future financial needs with the appropriate products and/or services, and is accountable for delivering an unparalleled member experience by providing efficient and accurate service in member service, and lending functions.
Deepening Member Relationships
- Proactively greet members and engage in a collaborative dialogue.
- Responsible for deepening new and existing member relationships by asking open-ended, questions to draw out members concerns, wants or needs while introducing products and services to fulfill both stated and unstated needs.
- Demonstrate how our products or services benefit our members to fill needs and solve problems including referrals to mortgage lending, small business, commercial lending and investments services.
- Open all consumer account types including checking, savings, and certificates of deposits, IRAs, and trusts.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of business entities and account ownership.
- Open all business account types and collect proper business documentation.
- Answer questions and resolve practical to complex technical problems and disputes on member accounts.
- Introduce members to and assist with learning and using new and existing technology.
- Perform account maintenance and research as needed.
- Complete paperwork associated with account opening and submits within required timeframes.
- Complete instant issuing of debit and credit cards as needed.
- Uncover member’s needs with inquiries accurately, timely and in alignment with job standards and procedures.
- Analyze credit reports, looking for opportunities to deepen member relations and assist members in bringing other loans to STCU by asking open-ended questions to discover problems, concerns, wants or needs.
- Perform loan origination duties for all consumer loans products in accordance with accepted loan policies and procedures.
- Perform loan origination duties for small business credit cards and auto loan requests.
- Prepare documentation and coordinate loan closings directly with the member.
- Perform all loan closing duties including preparing documents, title paper work, funding, and set up of auto pays and discounts.
- Responsible for meeting all branch expectations regarding loan production payment protection, GAP and rescued loans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years experience in a financial institution as a teller, new accounts representative or loan officer. Demonstrated proficiency at an STCU branch may be considered in lieu of experience preferred. An Associate’s degree and at least one year experience in a high-end retail sales environment may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to deepen relationships with members.
- Notary license required.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is required.
- A passion for people and a commitment to service.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision, with both members and staff in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems, make practical and timely decisions and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes, prioritize competing demands and multitask.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information.
- Ability to apply basic math concepts.
- Proficient with MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key calculator.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25 pounds.
- May be assigned to another work location to best support the branch needs.
- Highly interactive environment requires the ability and desire to actively engage members.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule and overtime.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.