Product Manager II
- 1620 N Signal Dr, Liberty Lake, WA 99019, USA
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Product Manager II is responsible for strategizing product development, managing existing products and new product development, including the completion of product recommendations, business cases, and ALCO proposals. This position will assist in developing and implementing product strategies, provide guidance to ensure that STCU product offerings fulfill the needs of the members, remains competitive, and supports the strategic initiatives of the credit union.
- Lead and manage the complete product lifecycle from idea generation through end of life/close.
- Provide product support and consulting on organization projects that meet the needs of STCU and business partners/relationships.
- Compare vendor product/service offerings to highlight: capabilities, implementation/ongoing cost, implementation/enhancement benefits, revenue and ROI estimates, transition timeline, risk and resource estimates in preparation to actively sponsor and co-manage project with project team.
- Scope project requirements to gather and gain consensus on product/service requirements from STCU stakeholders and existing third party vendors/systems.
- Prepare product justification, product requirements, launch plans and identify internal communication and training needs for member facing staff.
- Develop and manage the strategic product roadmap for each assigned product line. Develop, maintain, and publish product content/collateral for each assigned product line to the Product Management department page.
- Actively engage with internal and external resources on technology releases, upgrades and user acceptance testing.
- Oversee the completion of new product development, including planning, compliance, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, to determine if expected value was delivered. Present results and data analytics to assigned product lines.
- Partner with business lines to research and evaluate new technologies, industry trends, and best practices to satisfy STCU’s business needs.
- Provide assistance to the director for overall management of existing and future products, including performance, profitability, compliance, and audits. Contribute as an effective team member and complete all tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Participate in member journey and value stream mapping for product delivery, onboarding and internal stakeholders to deliver the experience to members.
- Serve as an advocate for the member experience by seeking current and prospective member feedback and competitive insights.
- Assist in responding to internal and external audits, responses, and report outs related to product content and product oversight.
- Partner with peers to help acquire, cross-sell, and retain member accounts.
- Collaborate and engage with Compliance, Auditing, and Risk on deeper aspects of product development and policy review.
- Partner with Finance and Business Intelligence on dashboard and product reporting statistics.
- Partner with Talent Development on evolution of product training courses and content.
- Partner with Marketing to manage the four P’s of the product distribution channel: product, price, promotion, and placement.
- Act as a primary contact with vendors and third parties for products, services, contract review, and enhancements.
- Responsible for following the internal vendor management process and assessing operational risk related to vendor engagement.
- Evaluate vendor contracts, implementation documentation, and content for new and existing products.
- Act as liaison for external vendors and internal stakeholders. Negotiate/sign contracts, when required, within given authority.
- Schedule and coordinate vendor demonstrations, execute NDA’s and review contracts when necessary.
- Maintain regular communication with vendors to learn product feature directions, report and seek resolution of product defects, and submit and monitor development of requested feature enhancements. Serves on user advisory boards or committees to champion enhancements and introduce new products.
- Have oversight on product upgrades and new feature integrations, working closely with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively addressed.
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for vendor due diligence and risk assessment.
- Act as lead or co-manage with the Project Management team on complex business line initiatives/projects to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and within budget.
- Contribute to resolve issues relating to assigned projects.
- Maintain effective project communications with team members, sponsors and other credit union staff.
- Effectively hand off scoped projects to project team members, providing background information that identifies business requirements to set up projects for success and guide project team to implement desired business solution.
- Work with project team to decision when scope creep is acceptable and unacceptable.
- Administer effective project management and prioritization for department projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field required.
- Minimum of seven years experience in product management, digital channel management, payment systems, or commercial deposit or digital applications.
- Minimum of two years’ vendor management experience preferred.
- A Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Product Methodology certification, or proven experience in product lifecycle management
- Treasury Professional credential or similarly accredited certification is preferred.
- Previous experience in in software development and program management is preferred
- Previous experience working within an Agile framework is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of deposit rich industry verticals and associated product and serving needs expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze assigned product line and industry trends to optimize products to drive performance, penetration, and pricing.
- Demonstrated experience in partnership management with the ability to influence, negotiate and work closely with all levels of individuals across the organization.
- Work experience with deposit operations, special deposit services, or payment systems preferred, with a strong knowledge of system interfaces, both batch/file and real-time.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish projects with little or no supervision, both in a team atmosphere and independently; with strong time management skills.
- Self-starter, able to take larger tasks and break them down into manageable units.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple initiatives as well as personal and team responsibilities.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings, vendor interviews and presentations with various size groups; negotiates between all levels of employees and stakeholders of a proposed project for optimum results.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate the information to various teams across the credit union. Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, and members.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong problem solving aptitude and ability to deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work extended hours and weekends when required.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.