Mortgage Loan Officer
- 4233 Cheney Spokane Rd, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for performing high volume, accurate and timely Real Estate lending functions in alignment with STCU loan standards and procedures.
Mortgage Loan Production
- Interview and process first mortgage loan applications, ensuring accurate information.
- Evaluate loan applications, credit reports, title reports, appraisals, inspections and supporting documentation; making mortgage loan recommendations while conforming to guidelines of STCU policies and/or secondary market guidelines.
- Set clear expectations with members on timelines, loan conditions and closing dates.
- Develop working knowledge of Government (FHA/VA) lending guidelines and procedures.
- Deliver quality service to members in order to develop and nurture real estate relationships and increase referrals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with branch employees, as well as business partners for training on real estate products and referral development.
- Attend all closing meetings for purchase transactions.
- Take ownership of issues by acting as the members advocate. Follow through on all commitments.
- Achieve a high level of efficiency in real estate transactions to meet the members’ needs and maximize production.
- Provide members with solutions to financial needs recommending appropriate STCU products and services.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities with other departments maximizing their expertise to fulfill corporate objectives and extend financial aid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Some college is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years mortgage lending experience in a financial services environment. This includes knowledge of mortgage terms, title insurance and required mortgage processing procedures.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of Government (FHA/VA) lending guidelines and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include formal presentation skills.
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to ready, write and speak Spanish fluently is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.