Social Media Specialist
- 1620 N. Signal Drive, Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health Plan – Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Training and Development Programs
- Credit Union-wide semi-annual success sharing plan
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the creation, promotion, and monitoring the performance of all STCU’s presence on social media. In addition, this position drives STCU’s brand presence online by taking full responsibility for engaging community connections, identifying and managing social media influencer opportunities, and supporting both comprehensive and online-only campaigns with carefully targeted advertising support. The Social Media Specialist also leads the social media on-call program and acts as the primary first responder to ensure excellent member service.
Social Media Strategy
- Track, identify, and analyze trends in social media, community management, and social media marketing to support STCU’s online presence.
- Support the strategy for both outbound and inbound social media, including creating proposals for implementation or sunset of an active social presence.
- Take on primary responsibility for STCU’s existing social media presence, which currently includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Yelp, and Reddit.
Outbound Social Media
- Update social media channels with timely and relevant messages that support financial education, communications, community relations, membership and marketing.
- Remain aware and up to date on social media marketing trends and apply knowledge to leverage social media activities effectively.
- Seek and collect information from each content contributor, including building relationships with internal and external content creators, to generate quality social media content.
- Plan for, implement, and manage social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), including daily monitoring, posting, and content development.
- Make social media policy and procedure recommendations.
- Report on social media success metrics and suggest changes to strategy based on those metrics.
- Coordinate and implement social media marketing communication projects with responsibilities that include social media advertising and enhancing brand awareness.
- Engage with community conversations through social media interactions, including maintaining, developing, and building relationships through social media interactions
- Provide social media support for crisis and emergency communications.
- Track, identify and analyze social media trends.
Inbound Social Media
- Develop a thorough knowledge of STCU’s products, services, policies, and processes to provide excellent first-line and triage support for online member service inquiries.
- Provide support for social media member service, including creating and managing the on-call schedule and taking regular on-call nights and weekends.
- Research and develop recommendations for possible future growth of and addition of online member support channels.
- Coordinate the response to and management of member concerns and complaints, including providing extensive research and working with team members across departments and areas.
- Support STCU’s marketing and communications operations by providing photography and videography support as needed.
- Create photos and videos as needed for social media content.
- Create and manage a cataloguing, tagging, and management system for multimedia content used or to be used on social media.
- Work collaboratively with designers, copywriters, and creative services team members to create content for social media.
- Monitor social media channels for mentions of STCU.
- Participate in online and offline conversations that surround our content and reputation, respond to comments and serve as a mediator.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding STCU’s reputation.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the leadership team regarding STCU’s reputation, brand, products and services.
- Provide communications support for print communications for marketing purposes.
- Represent STCU as applicable to enhance our brand and reputation in the community.
- Engage community organizations via social media to establish partnerships.
- Communicate event information via social media.
- Provide support for media relations by assisting with and disseminating announcements via social media and new media.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three years social media management experience required. Minimum three years related work experience including planning, organizing and conducting new media activities, marketing and communications, and community and public relations is preferred.
- Strong communications skills to include the ability to articulate clearly in both written and verbal delivery methods. Broad experience in public speaking as well as preparing and delivering formal presentations and reports is required.
- Strong ability to build relationships with diverse groups, business representatives and leaders, as well as community liaisons.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); video/sound capture and editing systems; new media technologies and keyboarding.
- Must be creative and detail oriented with high level of organizational skills. Professional portfolio is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed. Work hours may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some out of town travel. Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, see and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.