Freelance English Product Writer, Content & Localization
- 333 Rue Chabanel O #900, QC, Canada
SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Associate Manager of English Content, the Freelance English Product Writer is responsible for producing the written content for our product pages. They will ensure the best-in-class quality of our product descriptions for our e-commerce site, in line with SSENSE guidelines, quality standards, and fast turnaround times. The ideal candidate has meticulous attention to detail, a keen interest in fashion and lifestyle products as well as strong collaboration and communication skills. This is an on-site position. Successful candidates are required to work at our Montreal-based headquarters.
- Write the e-commerce English product descriptions across a range of categories including ready-to-wear, accessories and self-care products
- Maintain strict standards of quality control to ensure content is consistent, accurate, and relevant to our customers
- Work closely with the English, producing and merchandising teams to work through the day’s load
- Maintain a rigorous schedule to meet daily deadlines, capacity and quality targets
- Ensure weekly KPI targets are consistently met and tracking tools updated daily
- Support on various ad hoc copy requests when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, English, Communications or other related experience
- A minimum of 1 year writing experience, preferably in a fashion or e-commerce environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Mastery of English grammar, spelling and usage including the ability to craft culturally sensitive texts
- Strong command of fashion terminology
- Knowledge of designers and fashion houses, a asset
- Knowledge of sewing anatomy, an asset
- Must be open and available to working on-site at our Montreal HQ
- Detail-oriented with a keen sensibility and knowledge of fashion, retail, and pop culture
- Strong research skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines