Associate Manager I, Quality & Training
- 3665 Boulevard Poirier, Saint-Laurent, QC H4R 2J5, Canada
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager, the Associate Manager, Quality & Training is responsible for ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed to maintain process and product quality as well as operational efficiency. She/he will have complete responsibility for overall Fulfillment Center quality assurance, training execution, process audits, and continuous improvement programs related to quality and training to achieve operations excellence and high customer satisfaction.
She/he will be accountable for meeting all defined Quality (KPI) / cost targets, eliminating rework loops, achieving the highest level of process integrity by implementing and auditing robust working instructions and training practices across the Fulfillment Center. She/he will also be responsible for minimizing process variance through standardization while ensuring training compliance for our Fulfillment Centers in order to achieve operational excellence.
Quality and Training Continuous Improvement (70%)
- Act as a driving force in ensuring a strong and committed culture of operation excellence, quality obsession and lean thinking, throughout the Fulfillment Center and the organization.
- Refine existing and develop new standardized operating procedures, working instructions and training program guidelines, to meet customer needs.
- Create a robust document control system, training matrix, and audit process to measure compliance against the set standards to ensure best performance is delivered.
- Enhance training materials and develop processes to reduce the learning curve of associates specially on peak events.
- Develop an ambitious cross training program to ensure scalability, flexibility, and efficiency of our operation, specially on peak events.
- Lead the development of dynamic training programs and supportive learning tools. This will include the use of data and analytics to measure and maintain consistent, focused and successful training and development of our associates team members by all training resources.
- Deploy and standardize quality/statistical tools and methods to reduce defect injection with data-based decisions, while reducing cost of poor quality.
- Review, implement, and follow up on corrective & preventive actions (CAPA’s) derived from customer complaints, customer returns, and/or non-conformances found and their root causes.
- Partner with managers in the communication of policies.
- Play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of Lean Warehousing methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
People Leadership and Development (30%)
- Lead and integrate the teams engaged in inspection, auditing, and problem solving/ data collection activities to ensure the correct skill level and expertise are present to enable high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Lead hiring efforts and conduct internal interviews in partnership with the department manager to attract and retain top talent within the department
- Oversee the on-boarding and training programs for all levels of the team
- Hold weekly one-on-ones, conduct performance reviews, analyze individual KPIs and assess promotion readiness to help each contributor evolve in their roles
- Ensure team mobilization by regularly gauging team spirit and implementing appropriate means to create a work environment that fosters healthy communication, collaboration and productivity
- Establish team goals, with the Departmental Leader, and monitor team's progress towards achieving objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics or a related analytical field
- 6 months to 2 years of supply chain experience in a high volume fulfillment center, manufacturing operation within a front line people management role
- Flexible working schedule including weekends, day, evenings, nights, overtime (Mandatory requirement)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with drafting, documenting and implementing new procedures
- Knowledge of warehouse equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Experience working with apparel, an asset
- Strong and demonstrated people management skills
- Adept at analytical work with the ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented and with solid organizational skills
- Strong time management, and planning skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across departments at the Distribution Center and HQ