Manager, Talent Acquisition
- 333 Rue Chabanel O, Montréal, QC H2N 2G1, Canada
SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Manager (Corporate areas) will oversee a team of Talent Acquisition recruiters that primarily support Corporate recruitment mandates. You will be responsible for the activities of the recruitment cycle, as well as establishing and optimizing indicators to measure performance within your team. The ideal candidate will ensure that the team is in constant alignment with the business needs and priorities – focusing your energies on the right things at the right time.
As Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and implementing effective, creative results-driven talent strategies that meet business goals and objectives. In this role you will act as a coach and mentor to your team while communicating the employee value proposition.
Managing Team Performance (40%)
- Ensure the team meets KPIs set by leadership.
- Proactively identify gaps in team performance, and independently find root causes to resolve any issues.
- Assess team member performance and provide support and coaching to help them grow within the company.
Driving Efficiency (25%)
- Find solutions to boost the volume of qualified candidates in our pipelines, the velocity of our recruitment process, the quality of our assessment techniques and the candidate experience.
- Improve the way the team works collaboratively on accomplishing our collective goals.
- Lead the implementation of new processes and tools, by providing training and support to team members.
- Supports specific Talent Acquisition projects.
- Optimize the recruitment process based on data as well as feedback from hiring managers and candidates.
Managing Data (20%)
- Analyse the recruitment funnel metrics and drive insights to improve the performance of the team.
- Ensures their team keeps our ATS data clean and accurate.
- Ensure all published job ads meet our departmental guidelines.
- Ensures offers are duly approved.
- Reviews all employment contracts with great attention to detail.
- Full cycle recruitment for specific, senior, or hard-to-fill positions
- Develop efficient and innovative ways to attract top talent.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to identify current and future needs and coach them on the recruitment process to ensure a consistent and pragmatic approach to recruitment and an exceptional experience for the candidates.
- Partner with the rest of the HR team to feed insights about employee performance and retention into recruiting.
- Act as a coach for hiring managers with respect to recruitment processes, interviewing techniques and selection criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Master or MBA degree, an asset
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a recruitment management role.
- A minimum of 5 years experience within the full scope of Talent Acquisition, including sourcing, metrics, interview and selection protocols, and candidate negotiation.
- Experience using applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well with data, metrics, and trends.
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and manage change in a fast paced, growth environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to prioritize, keep organized and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, coach and develop people at all levels.