Asset Protection Specialist
- 3665 Boulevard Poirier, Saint-Laurent, QC H4R 2J5, Canada
SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else™.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Senior Administration and Facility Manager, the Corporate Asset Protection Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of programs, policies and procedures to minimize the loss of merchandise and company assets at the SSENSE Montreal Distribution Center and HQ.
The role requires the ability to work at the operational, tactical and strategic levels within the diverse working environment of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous improvement of security initiatives through in-depth investigations, analysis of daily shrink reports, employee E-signaling initiatives, emerging trends and changes in product assortment.
The Corporate Asset Protection Specialist will maintain the highest level of professionalism in all activities to represent the organization internally and externally while serving as a trusted advisor for SSENSE management and business partners. Performance-based and results-oriented, the Corporate Asset Protection Specialist will be asked to question Status Quo while fostering a positive work environment that embraces SSENSE brand values and achieves both company and financial objectives.
Operations - 60%
- Leverage data, identify, adopt and integrate the latest technologies, by driving continuous improvement in fraud prevention processes
- Coordinate data collection, through database polling or data entry, and conduct analysis, generating strategic and tactical interpretations
- Identify, promote and continuously implement shrink management best practices.
- Keep business partners abreast of key issues, strategies and the department's performance
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly audits on inventory control, compliance, and awareness.
- Respond to emergencies in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate follow-up reporting.
- Participates in asset protection threat and risk assessments
Process Improvement - 30%
- Develop Corporate Asset Protection Programs through tools, protocols and audit compliance guidelines to drive awareness and strategic initiatives
- Analyze, forecast, and create action plans to achieve shortage reduction and operational compliance
- Identify loss prevention opportunities, develop and manage business continuity plans to reduce shrink through accuracy and effectiveness
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
Communication - 10%
- Act as a liaison in coordinating investigations with partners, operations, vendors and physical security
- Work closely with Security Specialists in order to conduct internal investigations in regards to asset protection as required and with confidentiality.
- Work closely with Retail Asset Protection specialist, Fraud & Customer Experience Department, Warehouse management, Human Resources Business Partners to ensure that all aspects of asset protection are in compliance with company standards
- Assist with cross-divisional initiatives, projects and committees
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in fraud prevention in a high volume warehousing or distribution center environment
- Proven experience establishing trusting relationships in a multi-channel environment
- Proven experience in Interviewing and Interrogation
- Demonstrated experience using physical security systems and tools (CCTV, Access, etc.)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Flexible schedule required, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities necessary to perform job duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Valid driver’s licence and car
- BSP licence an asset
- Entrepreneurial, autonomous and organized with an eye for detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner