Logistics Coordinator (CONTRACT)
- 3665 Boulevard Poirier, Saint-Laurent, QC H4R 2J5, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
*This is a temporary position*
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for monitoring shipments and maintaining customs compliance. He/She will perform data entry and liaise with carriers and internal departments to ensure shipments arrive at their destination within the required timeframes.
- Monitor inbound, outbound, and return shipments on a daily basis
- Ensure shipment paperwork is compliant with SSENSE policies
- Mediate with carriers to resolve any logistical issues
- Open and manage shipment claims with carriers and troubleshoot shipment issues
- Perform data entry for import and export documentation
- Liaise with the brokerage department to resolve any classification issues
- Participate in defining and implementing new logistics processes within the company
- Certificate In Logistics and Supply Chain Management or previous experience in a similar role and environment
- A minimum of one year experience in air freight forwarding or brokerage or small parcel global shipping
- Experience coordinating pick-up and delivery of shipments, monitoring shipment status and communicating with internal and external customers
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment, an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Highly analytical and customer focused
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines
- Solid interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships