Senior Fraud Prevention Analyst
- 333 Rue Chabanel O, Montréal, QC H2N 2G1, Canada
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Manager of Fraud Prevention & Customers Insights, the Senior Fraud Prevention Analyst’s main responsibilities are to gain insights and optimize the approval processes related to fraud prevention and fulfillment funnel problems. The Senior Fraud Analyst has a great understanding of the fraud dynamics as well as the processes of Customer Experience. Most importantly, the Senior Fraud Prevention Analyst has extensive research and investigative experience that enables them to extract qualitative and quantitative insights internally and externally. The Senior Fraud Prevention Analyst is a forward thinking leader with strong analytical skills that supports the definition and execution of the strategic roadmap.
Insights & Analysis (70%)
- Review our current processes to improve customer experience and mitigate risk
- Perform complex quantitative analysis to improve understanding of fraud dynamics
- Co-lead with the Manager of Fraud Prevention & Customers Insights to develop the fraud strategic roadmap
- Lead and conduct qualitative research and source external insights to identify upcoming fraud risks.
- Conduct fraud market research for third-party fraud solutions
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to conduct ad hoc analysis within the scope of fraud prevention
- Provide fraud specialists, team leads, and associate managers with actionable insights related to fraud risks
Process Improvement (15%)
- Lead the development of the fraud process improvement roadmap
- Provide recommendations to improve processes within the team
- Oversee requirements elicitation with Product & Tech on an ad hoc basis
- Lead and participate in projects to improve internal, cross-departmental and customer-facing processes.
Team Support (15%)
- Mentor, coach and support the analysts in their mandates
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Administration, Business, Economics, Statistics or other related fields
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years of fraud prevention experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Highly technologically savvy
- Mastery of Excel/Google Suite
- Extensive understanding of statistics
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems
- Strong understanding of business dynamics
- Experience in project management and PM tools
- Results-oriented with an exceptional work ethic
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to remain calm and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Goal oriented, self motivated, and demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude to overcome challenges
- Coaching skills with a desire to mentor and develop talent
- Natural ability to build relationships and to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to process information, define a problem and develop effective solutions.