- 333 Rue Chabanel O, Montréal, QC H2N 2G1, Canada
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting of regional activities such as shipping expenses, processing fees and other direct expenses in addition to reporting on various projects. The Senior Accountant will support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support. The ideal candidate is dedicated, proactive, and able to perform a variety of accounting functions independently.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Assist in the month and year-end closings
- Assist in the preparation of the audit
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Assess, update, or put in place internal controls by performing risk assessments
- Review accruals, reconciliations and analytical reports
- Supervise and mentor junior accountants
- Review and add processes to ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency
- Lead various projects as needed
- Professional designation (CA, CGA, CMA / CPA)
- A minimum of 4 years experience in full cycle accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with SAP, an asset
- Strong English and French written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects and mentor team members
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented