- 333 Rue Chabanel O, Montréal, QC H2N 2G1, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with its mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, its field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as it explores the nexus of content, commerce, and culture. More than just a retailer, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Associate Manager of Chinese Content, the Translator is responsible for translating and adapting the written content for our product-centric customer touch points. They will ensure the best-in-class quality of our translated content for our e-commerce and marketing channels, in line with SSENSE guidelines, quality standards and fast turnaround times. The ideal candidate has meticulous attention to detail, a keen interest in fashion, and strong collaboration and communication skills.
Translation - 90%
- Translate the e-commerce copy, as well as newsletters, SEO-driven texts, external communications and other ad hoc requests from English to Simplified Chinese
- Assist in writing, implementing and updating tone, approach, and stylistic guidelines for the Chinese product-centric channels
- Maintain strict standards of quality control to ensure content is consistent, accurate, and properly translated or adapted
- Execute on content strategies for ad-hoc requests and projects
- Maintain a rigorous schedule that meets deadlines, capacity and quality targets
Content development- 10%
- Participate in content innovation and workflow development initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on SSENSE processes, point of vue and creative direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Chinese Literature, Linguistics, Translation, Journalism, or related field/experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience in English-Chinese translation and adaptation
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Strong research skills
- Mastery of Chinese grammar, spelling, and usage including ability to craft culturally-sensitive texts
- Ability to work effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and agile thinker who is self-motivated and collaborative
- Knowledge of fashion design, styles and designers, an asset