- Visverkopersstraat 13, 1000 Brussel, Belgium
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
As part of its international growth strategy, SSENSE is opening an office in Brussels and partnering with a Third Party Logistics provider in Belgium. We’re looking for a Logistics Coordinator who will be based in Brussels and responsible for monitoring shipments and maintaining customs compliance. He/She will perform data entry and liaise with carriers, our 3PL partners and internal departments to ensure shipments arrive at their destination within the required timeframes. The ideal candidate is efficient, organized, and adept at developing and maintaining successful relationships with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Monitor inbound, outbound, return and intra-company shipments on a daily basis
- Ensure shipment paperwork is compliant with SSENSE policies
- Mediate with carriers and 3PL fulfillment partner to resolve any logistical issues
- Generate reports and share regular updates with the central logistics team
- Open and manage shipment claims with carriers and troubleshoot shipment issues
- Perform data entry for import and export documentation
- Liaise with the brokerage department to resolve any classification issues
- Participate in defining and implementing new logistics processes within the company
- Proactively suggest continuous improvement initiatives
- Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in air and/or ocean freight forwarding or brokerage
- Experience quoting air and/or ocean freight rates, coordinating pickup and delivery of shipments, monitoring shipment status and communicating with customers
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment, an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Highly analytical and customer focused
- Ability to formulate basic operational processes with continuous improvement in mind
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines
- Solid interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships