Software Architect - Cloud
- 1, Pitsburgh, PA, United States
Do you want to be part of an organization in the continued development of a data pipeline using AI for predictive analytics and benchmarking? Our client is seeking a Software Architect working on a pure cloud software system to be deployed to AWS.
Seeking a passionate and hands-on Staff Engineer/Software Architect to join our Software Engineering Team located in the Pittsburgh, PA area. You will work with a team of engineers on enterprise-wide solutions for health systems throughout the world utilizing a microservices architecture to build cloud-native solutions.
- 12+ Years’ experience in software engineering
- 6+ Years’ of Experience in C# and the .NET Framework
- 3+ Years’ experience with a microservices architecture
- 3+ Years’ experience in Software Design with various messaging systems/service bus, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- 3+ Years’ public cloud experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in Angular
- 2+ Years’ DevOps experience in cloud technologies like AWS, CloudFront, Kubernetes, VPC, RDS
- 1+ Years’ Mobile app development experience
- Defines technology roadmap in support of product development roadmap
- Lead the design, architecture and development of multiple microservices
- Provide technical leadership to agile teams – onshore and offshore: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Have a quality mindset, squash bugs with a passion, and work hard to prevent them in the first place through unit testing, test-driven development, version control, continuous integration and deployment.
- Ability to lead change, be bold, and have the ability to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Operate within an Agile Development environment and apply the methodologies
- Understands the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions
- Meets the definition of done and promotes coding standards.
- Track technical debt and ensure unintentional technical debt is not created
- Recommends improvements to the software delivery cycle to help remove waste and impediments for the team
- Drives. promotes and measures team performance against the sprint and project goal.
- Works with the team to continuously improve in development practices and process
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert in microservice architecture
- Advanced knowledge of the business drivers and processes pertaining to projects undertaken
- Strong demonstrated understanding of industry best practices and process associated with software development
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Advanced knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Strong understanding of HTTP and RESTful services
- Expert knowledge and experience in software design patterns and anti-patterns
- Leadership and technical expertise leading projects or teams
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- Master Degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 4+ Years’ experience with a service-oriented and microservices architecture
- 3+ Years’ experience in Angular
- 3+ Years’ Mobile app development experience
- 3+ Years’ DevOps experience in cloud technologies like AWS, CloudFront, Kubernetes, VPC, RDS, etc
- 6 months+ experience with .Net core
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.