- 1, Wilson, NC, United States
Looking for a Controls Technologist to support production and maintenance with controls issues and assist Engineers with capital projects and improvements.
This position will be assisting maintenance to debug PLC programs to pinpoint issues. You will resolve communication issues, assist maintenance with VFD, Servo Drive programming and replacements. You will also come up with equivalent substitutes if parts like drives, sensors are not available in the crib.
Qualifications (MUST HAVE)
- Associates degree in technical or engineering field and 7 years’ experience
- Must be able to work on a 12-hour rotating shift (see schedule below)
- Updating Firmware in all Control Devises (PLCs, Drives, HMIs, etc.)
- Roll out safety interlocks
- Quality improvements on production floor equipment
- Assist Process Engineering with pilot trials
- Manage battery replacement and program backup for all the machines on the production floor
- Assist Mechanical & Electrical Engineering on capital or improvement projects & tire trials
- Works closely with maintenance staff
- Come up with improvement ideas to reduce machine down time
- Manage program backups.
- Manage battery replacement for PLC's.
- Experience in Maintenance within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in PLCs, Drives, Servos, mechanical systems, and fluid power
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC 5, Control Logix), Mitsubishi, Siemens, and General Electric
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.