Senior RF Engineer
- ., Norcross, GA, United States
We are seeking a RF/Antenna Design Engineer to join an Atlanta Technology Group to design and develop advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems and components. This position requires design experience in RF and antenna technology, preferably as it applies to Electronically Scanned Arrays (ESAs) or Phased Arrays. Preferred candidates will also have experience in RF layout and millimeter-wave systems.
Keys (must have)
- Millimeter wave experience
- Architect, design, simulate, layout, test, and troubleshoot circuits and subsystems for RF transmit and receive array panels.
- Responsible for PCB designs and providing layout supervision and guidance of complex analog/RF/microwave/mmWave circuit board assemblies to dedicated board designers.
- Create presentations to demonstrate innovative designs, document performance, and communicate architecture ideas and capabilities.
- Present technology concepts to customers and subcontractors.
- Work independently on assigned tasks, including responsibility for technical, cost, and schedule execution on individual tasks or subsystems.
- Ability and passion to learn new technologies and contribute to a diverse set of projects
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Working knowledge of EM/circuit simulation tools like Ansoft HFSS, CST Studio Suite, FEKO, Agilent Momentum, or similar computational electromagnetic simulation tools.
- Broad knowledge of wideband antenna types (spiral, Vivaldi, etc.) and passive microwave circuit technology (microstrip, waveguide, etc.).
- Understanding of transmission line and microwave engineering theory, including proficiency with Smith Charts and high-frequency component matching.
- Experience with RF PCB or micro-electronic packaging layout and simulation, including transmission lines, manifolds, and other RF circuit elements
- Experience working on a cross-functional team to include Marketing, Product Management, Digital Engineering, Software Engineering, and Mechanical Engineers to integrate hardware, electronics and software systems.
- Be self-directed, able to meet cost, schedule, and performance objectives with minimal oversight
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, work well within a design team environment and be adept at interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Experience in meeting electronics compliance requirements such as FCC, EMC, and UL.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- MS EE or PhD EE with antenna hardware design and metrology emphasis
- Experience integrating microwave components with modem and supervisory hardware.
- Experience with microwave circuit design and analysis, especially using industry-standard tools (such as ADS or Microwave Office).
- Phased array design experience in the L through W Bands covering frequencies from 2 MHz to 100+ GHz.
- Experience in a lab environment doing antenna range testing and characterization, specifically near-field metrology as it pertains to phased array design.
- Experience with automated metrology, especially with control systems designed in LabVIEW, MATLAB, or Python.
- Project management experience developing schedules and following through to ensure new products are delivered on time, and to cost and quality specifications.
- Intellectual property experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.