Senior Director, Marketing Communications
- ., Mountain View, CA, United States
Fast growing company in Mountain View, CA is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing Communication with healthcare or technology sector experience. You will have overall responsibility for demand generation. which includes;
Design & execution of customer-focused, Omni-channel, market development initiatives to drive sales pipeline and Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI). Prioritize and lead key cross business and product specific campaigns, support launch & growth of new/existing technologies & service
As a key member of the Management Team, this position is responsible for development and implementing a marketing and communications strategy to various audiences – field force and customers (working with product management and sales), employees (working with HR), media and investors/analysts (working with CFO and Investor Relations). This individual will also coordinate and supervise the work with outside communications agencies (advertising, PR, etc).
KEYS (must have)
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree (MBA is highly preferred)
- Strong B2B Marketing experience
- 7+ years of marketing communication experience to include managing strategic communications efforts, public relations, investor relations, trade shows, advertising and collateral creation.
- Healthcare or technology sector experience only.
- Must have really strong global branding and demand generation experience.
- Previous big company experience.
- Must have worked with a company with revenue over $1 Billion
- Brand, Storytelling & Digital Marketing: Leads the application of brand and execution design work, as well as storytelling strategy to drive awareness.
- Oversees strategy and activation of content production, paid media, and audience insights, and community development, work will span web, print, and experiential channels.
- Event Marketing: Lead and produce events with a key focus on customer experience, brand promotion, thought leadership and sales enablement, interface with business leadership, product management, product marketing and sales functions to ensure coordinated messaging and demand gen.
- Public and media relations: Improve awareness, reputation and impact for our brand and product platform, to influence external perception, market positioning and revenue goals. This position has dual responsibility between media relations and social media management. We expect you to generate content and coverage around our brand, product updates, thought leadership campaigns, new customer announcements and partnerships. We also want you to come to the table with fresh ideas for growing our influence, advocacy and following on our social channel.
- Investor relations: Role also functions as key support for Investor Relations during quarterly quiet periods.
- Agency management: Develop strong agency relationship for PR and Social Media execution
- Team management: Recruit, manage and develop a high performing, global marketing communications team.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Assists in developing the Marketing department’s strategic plan, which addresses critical issues in the communications area. The plan will set out objectives for each strategic area of his/her department and outlines plans for achieving those objectives.
- In consultation with the Chief Marketing Officer, develops and recommends an annual plan for the Marketing Communications department. The plan will set out objectives, plans, budgets, and specific activities to be pursued in each area of responsibility. This plan will be developed in the context of the organization’s strategic and operating plans and will be directed at supporting the objectives established in those plans.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual strategic communications calendar to ensure coordinated campaigns are well-timed throughout the year across all product lines, with higher levels of activity around tradeshows and other media events as warranted, in order to provide the greatest return to the organization. Ensures all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media.
- Makes presentations to Senior Management on Marketing and Communications strategies and activities.
- Create both strategic and tactical marketing communications plans to achieve branding, imaging and other key marketing goals.
- Coordinates with the Market Intelligence Department in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
- Keeps abreast of all trends in the industry.
- Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to target audiences.
- Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship utilizing both print and electronic media, including innovative, appropriate strategies using social networking sites.
- Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to target audiences in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization.
- Provides ongoing media training to the management team and volunteers. Ensures management and volunteers have the skills and confidence to deliver appropriate messages during interviews with the media.
- Manages the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. PR firm, printers, etc.)
- This position has responsibility for working with the marketing, Sales, and Management Teams to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and approaches.
- Strong leadership, Detailed minded, demonstrable experience with foresight, and interpersonal savvy as it relates to diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders is mandatory.
Demand Generation & Product Communication
- Works closely with the product / market management team to optimize the execution of strong, targeted, and well-communicated product launches and special campaigns
- Spends time traveling in the field to understand the communications needs of the salesforce. Executes on that understanding with relevant and high-impact marketing collateral.
- Considers impact on international customer base of all marketing campaigns and collateral. Ensures the creation of modular marketing materials that can be used for various audiences.
- Understands the healthcare environment and the sensitivities of that customer base, including regulatory (FDA, among others), data publication and dissemination, and promotional limitations and communications material controls
- Has experience in running a communications department compliant with FDA and ISO regulations
Public and Media Relations
- Build strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and other external influencers to provide net-positive coverage in the media channels.
- Build rolling 6-month media plan for generating coverage via proactive pitching around trending topics (both industry-specific, and larger cultural events)
- Develop cadence of monthly content for press releases, blogs and others for product releases, customer momentum, partnerships, funding etc
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials regular content on social media and manage/respond to requests, posts and comments
- Position company with industry analysts, drive mind-share and create the need and definition for our market category and ensure message pull through in analyst reports of our core message
- Deliver strong references and recommendations from customer accounts
- Develop executive speaking platform for executive team for external speaking opportunities
- Support HR to deploy brand narrative into employment brand to drive recruitment and employee retention and satisfaction - Provide brand scripts for recruiting to use in job descriptions, recruiting sites, recruiting events.
- A strong network of journalist contacts, analyst contacts, and a proven way of building new relationships.
- Proof of translating market forces into thought leadership ideas and themes and execution through comms channels - Developed content and media plans in the past
- Experience of working on proactive media campaigns communication strategies using a variety of tools, techniques and channels with minimal supervision
- Makes decisions relative to the selection, promotion, utilization, retention and compensation of the Communications staff.
- Makes decisions relative to the selection and utilization of outside communications vendors and manages and monitors their progress.
- Provides strong, effective and highly visible leadership to the Marketing and Communications team in order to capitalize on the full potential of this most critical resource. Ensures that all employees are stimulated, motivated and guided to contribute fully to the realization of Omnicell’s mission, vision, goals and objectives. Empowers employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance.
- Develops and manages the annual budget based on carefully planned needs in communications, advertising, promotions and media relations.
- Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years of marketing experience to include managing strategic communications efforts, public relations, investor relations, trade shows, advertising and collateral creation
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing within the healthcare industry
- 8+ years of marketing experience to include managing strategic communications efforts, public relations, investor relations, trade shows, advertising and content marketing
The ideal candidate will have.
- Individual must possess a minimum of seven years combined senior management and marketing communications experience in the technology area.
- Experience must include strategic planning, communications planning and management, marketing and media relations.
- Must have experience in successfully positioning a company or major brand, including execution of rollout strategy
- Must have strong digital marketing experience base, having managed a team of digital marketers
- Experience with managing and developing people
- Must have prior experience and understanding of working in a public company
- Prior experience with investor relations is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project-management skills
- Individual must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be motivated, self-starter who can work independently but also have proper sense about when to check in with manager
- Must possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others, even non-direct reports.
- Must have ”business savvy” and understand the impact of their decisions in a broader corporate / industry environment
- Must be able to think creatively and strategically and see the “big picture”
- Must have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Must be comfortable with medical technology solutions which are complex products involving hardware and software.
- Office Environment
- Minimum travel of 20%
- Managing employees remotely
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.