RF Lead Engineer
- Norcross Pkwy, Norcross, GA 30071, USA
Looking for an RF Engineering Lead for a start-up working on next-gen technology....it's not for Tony Stark, but could be just as exciting as Iron Man!
This position requires the ability to lead a technical team who are designing RF and antenna technology, as it applies to Electronically Scanned Arrays (ESA's) or Phased Arrays. Preferred candidates will have experience in RF layout and millimeter-wave systems
- Experience leading an engineering team with experience in RF architecture/design on equipment with a transmitter and receiver (i.e. wireless equipment/product)
- Experience working in the millimeter industry
- Architect, design, simulate, layout, test, and troubleshoot circuits and subsystems for RF transmit and receive array panels.
- Responsible for PCB designs and providing layout supervision and guidance of complex analog/RF/microwave/mmWave circuit board assemblies to dedicated board designers
- Create presentations to demonstrate innovative designs, document performance, and communicate architecture ideas and capabilities.
- Present technology concepts to customers and subcontractors.
- Work independently on assigned tasks, including responsibility for technical, cost, and schedule execution on individual tasks or subsystems.
- Ability and passion to learn new technologies and contribute to a diverse set of projects
- Working knowledge of contemporary Electro-Magnetic (EM) simulation techniques such as the Finite Element Method (FEM), Method of Moments (MoM), Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD), or Geometric Theory of Diffraction (GTD).
- Working knowledge of EM/circuit simulation tools like Ansoft HFSS, CST Studio Suite, FEKO, Agilent Momentum, or similar computational electromagnetic simulation tools.
- Broad knowledge of radiating element types (monopole, dipole, helical, etc.) and passive microwave circuit technology (microstrip, waveguide, etc.).
- An understanding of transmission line and microwave engineering theory, including proficiency with Smith Charts and high-frequency component matching.
- Experience with RF PCB or micro-electronic packaging layout and simulation, including transmission lines, manifolds, and other RF circuit elements
- Experience working on a cross-functional team to include Marketing, Product Management, Digital Engineering, Software Engineering, and Mechanical Engineers to integrate hardware, electronics and software systems.
- Adept at interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Experience in meeting electronics compliance requirements such as FCC, EMC, and UL.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- An MS EE or PhDEE with antenna hardware design and metrology emphasis
- Experience integrating microwave components with modemand supervisory hardware.
- Experience with microwave circuit design and analysis, especially using industry-standard tools (such as ADS or Microwave Office).
- Phased array design experience in the L through W Bands covering frequencies from 2 MHz to 100+ GHz.
- Experience in a lab environment doing antenna range testing and characterization, specifically near-field metrology as it pertains to phased array design.
- Experience with automated metrology, especially with control systems designed in LabVIEW, Visual Basic, or MATLAB.
- Project management experience developing schedules and following through to ensure new products are delivered on time, and to cost and quality specifications.
- Intellectual property experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.