- Gallery Pl, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Our client is looking for a Purchasing Agent in Peachtree City, GA on a contract position with the potential to convert to full-time. You will be responsible for Service repair and remanufacturing parts planning and purchasing materials
Keys to the job include previous experience with;
- cost and price analysis
- cost control
- supplier problem solving
- purchase order placement
- long-term contracts
- supplier quality
- supplier delivery
- engineering change implementation
- financial management/cost tracking and supplier discipline
- May lead cross-functional teams to support Company’s Repair/Remanufacturing Materials strategies.
- Drafts and reviews purchase requisitions to determine their appropriateness with regard to organization requirements, as well as proper authorization and conformance with established laws, policies and procedures.
- Plans and procures material based on the material requirements plan to meet Service schedules and maintains inventory investments at the budgeted levels.
- Cancels, reschedules or otherwise modifies purchase orders in response to changing requirements as necessary.
- Reviews specifications, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria.
- Issues solicitations to marketplace suppliers.
- Determines appropriate methods of procurement.
- Tracks all financial transactions and controls spend to ensure profitability.
- Invoicing, reporting, forecast cost, actuals vs forecast, budget and midterm plan, understands variances between standard and actual cost.
- Collections and payment reconciliation.
- Works closely with suppliers and other Service Division members to facilitate and improve the parts supply and overall performance of Service.
- Adheres to guidelines to procure customer requirements for repair parts for Reman units, and Float Stock as determined by the customer.
- Interfaces and reports service related items to internal departments for any issues with shipments, returns, field failures, etc.
- Prepares invoices for customers, both in MRP system and manually.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, education, operations, industrial or a related field
- one (1) year related purchasing/supply chain experience, accounting background or
- a minimum of three (3) years related purchasing/supply chain experience required
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Accounting skills and cost management experience.
- Able to develop/manage effective relationships with suppliers and internal departments.
- CPM or APIC’s certification preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.