Failure Analysis Engineer
- City Cir, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Our client is an innovative team with a global presence, located in the Peachtree City, GA. They are seeking a Failure Analysis Engineer for a 12-month contract role, with the possibility of converting to full-time. You will be responsible for performing moderate to complex tasks to conduct detailed high level defect investigations to root cause, and works with responsible areas to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Works on assignments where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Follow established procedures on routine work, under limited supervision and requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Performs moderate to complex tasks to conduct detailed high level defect investigations to root cause, and works with responsible areas to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Participates and conducts in-depth root cause analysis for completed assemblies to component level.
- Adheres to the Root Cause Analysis Team (RCAT) metrics by completing analysis within the specified goals.
- Coordinates, prepares, reviews for accuracy detailed root cause analysis reports.
- Reports may contain clear and concise analysis summary, defect pictures, unit history search, charts, graphs, tables, electrical measurements, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA's), and defective component report.
- Utilizes microscopes, oscilloscopes, analyzers, power supplies, RF generators, and test vehicles to conduct defect investigations.
- Performs 3D x-ray analysis. Performs cross section analysis as needed.
- Supports safety investigations and reports for thermal events.
- Works with senior staff and management to document and confirm results of safety investigation.
- Ensures corrective action breakpoints are not violated with thermal event investigation.
- Provides analysis support and works with other departments including hardware engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing etc. to determine root cause.
- Complies will all RCAT test procedures, including trouble found/no trouble found process flow.
- Follow best practices to maintain ESD safe environment.
- Understands and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement as appropriate.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Assists with design of experiments to confirm defect analysis, repeat root cause of defect, and affectivity of corrective actions.
- Provides basic statistical information for defect percentages related to design of experiments.
- Conducts on-site support to include customer representative interface for defect investigations.
- Assists with outside laboratories for materials analysis.
- Delivers defect samples, arranges investigation, relays technical information, interprets vendor’s report, and reports to management and senior staff.
- Initiates recommend, and provides solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or quality related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related test activity or quality experience required.
- Three (3) years of experience in an electronic environment required.
- Experience with automated testing (both hardware and software) required.
- Proficiency with soldering/desoldering required.
- Direct electronics manufacturing process support experience preferred.
- Read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Familiar with defect and requirements tracking system.
- Basic knowledge of discipline-specific documentation and test considerations.
- Ability to travel (not a lot of travel, but minimal may be required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.