- Corporate Drive, Farmington Hills, MI
Our client is an innovative team with a global presence, located in the Farmington Hills, MI. They are seeking a Logistics Manager for a 12-month contract role, with the possibility of converting to full-time. You will be responsible for track, trace, coordination, and communication of the Transportation Status to support customer production needs
- Arrange, coordinate and distribute Return Material Authorizations on behalf of the factories, Warehouses, Buyers and Inventory Analysts
- Support limited travel as needed to Warehouses, Factories, PTC or other to facilitate process improvements/cost savings/transportation & logistics discussions
- Develop and provide ad-hoc reporting in support of Transportation / Inventory needs
- Identifies shortages based on current inventory and forecasts to take appropriate action to ensure product on specific shipments are tracked with our 3rd part logistics provider to ensure product arrives as required to meet Customer shipments.
- Prioritizes receiving schedule with warehouse so customer requirements can be met.
- Identifies process improvements related to current or potential procedures. Once identified, works to put action plans together and brings ideas to fruition.
- Monitors factory confirmations and shipments.
- Reviews factory monitor, and in-transit reports to ensure data integrity.
- Evaluates MRP results and responds appropriately to meet inventory requirements.
- May participate in analyzing carrier performance to be able to provide data to management on carrier’s meeting/not meeting business plan targets.
- Expedites deliveries and conducts follow-ups when necessary.
- Responsible for tracking inbound freight to receipt; Resolves delivery/receiving problems with warehouse as needed.
- Develops and manages effective relationships with MRP, warehouse personnel and internal departments.
- May be asked to work with warehouse to develop business plans for container management and space utilization.
- Facilitates, communicates, and supports sales personnel, business unit managers, factory, customer requirements, and accounting.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or 1-3 years of comparable experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills and to a lesser degree MS Word, Powerpoint
- Automotive and/or technology (instrument panel, electronics etc..) a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.