- N Kimball Dr, Kansas City, MO 64161, USA
Our client is an innovative team with a global presence, located in the Kansas City, MO area. They are seeking a Quality Engineer for a 12-month contract role. You will be responsible for investigating non-conforming material, reporting QOS data, and internal audits.
Investigation of non-conforming material
- Collect the battery conditioning data and confirm the status of failure.
- Report all other non-conformity related to the material.
- Communicate with Detroit team and gather information
Handling of non-conforming and suspect material
- As for the handling of non-conforming & suspect materials, follow instructions from HQ
- Assure the daily production activities and being performed safely following the safety rules in order to prevent accidents.
Reporting QOS data
- Create QOS data report as required and report weekly by e-mail as well as participate in a weekly quality telephone meeting.
- Conduct a monthly review with Detroit management.
- If required, conduct a teleconference with Detroit management for exchange of additional information and Q&A for quality concerns & operational efficiency.
Maintenance of the testing equipment
- Conduct or lead the regular maintenance works on the testing equipment in order to ensure the requirement of test condition for battery systems.
- Start up and shut down the testing equipment on a daily basis.
- Provide troubleshooting for the equipment.
- Conduct regular maintenance and calibration as per the plan to be provided by Detroit.
Be familiar and support Quality System IATF 16949 - Current Version)
- Be familiar and support Health & Safety Systems OHSAS 18001 & ISO14001(Current Version)
- Participate actively in internal audits for systems IATF 16949; OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001.
- Identification of hazards and work risks on the working area
- Implement operative controls for the hazards and risks detected
- Perform as an internal auditor at other locations.
- Provide other types of engineering/technical support as per the request from Detroit TC.
- Maintains the special test records and inform those to Detroit/Japan team as required.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Maintains the conditioning equipment in order to meet the requirement of test condition for the battery box.
- Coordinates with Japan for shipment of batteries either back to Japan or to US based recycling companies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in a quality related field and three years of related quality experience; or five plus years of related quality experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of problems/tasks required.
- Broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Bi-lingual English-Japanese verbal and written communication skills is a huge PLUS!
- Ability to travel as required (infrequent travel)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.