- City Cir, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Our client is an innovative team with a global presence, located in the Peachtree City, GAI area. They are seeking an Accountant for a 6-month contract role with the opportunity to convert full-time. You will assist the Accounting Manager in preparation and analysis of the overall P&L and Balance Sheet for budget, forecasting and reporting of actual results among other accounting duties.
The Accountant will perform a wide range of accounting tasks and conducts/documents projects relating to general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting and inventory. Duties include;
- Ensures accuracy of the general ledger. Prepares complex monthly journal entries as required.
- Guarantees timely and accurate completion of financial reports/ statements to meet established month-end and year-end deadlines.
- Maintains awareness/promotes understanding of all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documents, updates controls, as needed, for monthly, quarterly, and yearly requirements.
- Reviews SOX tests for all general accounting activities for General Accounting Manager approval
- Provides direction on month-end closing coordination, including but not limited to, publishing of closing schedule, ensuring all journal entries for team are posted in a timely manner, preparing and distributing detail and summary analysis files, and coordinating post-close activities.
- Responsible for highly-complex accounting analysis ensuring appropriate documentation is captured, identifying variances and reconciling balances and developing and implementing solutions for complex issues.
- Provides specialized accounting advice on advanced issues.
- Assists internal/external contacts in overall review and analysis; reports any areas of concern to Financial Analysts and Manager.
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reviews for accuracy the preparation and analysis of financial reports and/or statements for completeness, accuracy, and consistency to prior periods.
- Reviews accounting reports and internal audit packages as requested for completeness and accuracy.
- Analyzes actual fixed cost and other variable cost against Business Plan and Forecast and communicating the results to corresponding departments.
- Develops or supports preparation of administrative and financial reports for upper management
- Researches discrepancies/errors to reconcile and manages complex questions and problem resolution regarding account status, adjustments, transactions, discrepancies and errors.
- Functions as a subject matter expert and leads accounting activities within the department
- Reviews and approves accounts payable vouchers, invoices, purchase orders, receipts, requisitions for appropriate documentation and authorization.
- Drives implementation of solutions or suggested improvements to existing processes and procedures related to new types of reports, reporting system revisions, changes in instructions regarding use of accounts and new refined account classifications or definitions. Participates in the development of accounting policy.
- Makes appropriate day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Reviews forecasting/budgeting information for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assists with yearly budgeting process and monthly forecast of required items which may include Assets, Variable Cost, Fixed Cost or others.
- Reviews proposed forecast before submission and assists as requested. .
- Approves Request for Authorization (RFA) per policy.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations, to include maintaining the confidential nature of proprietary information.
- Reviews and approves reports, charts, graphs, ad hoc data and other statistical information and responds appropriately.
- Prepares and reviews for reasonability, appropriate corporate reporting which may include Inventory, Tax or Fixed Asset reports and self-assessment, as needed.
- Conducts special accounting studies and reports for management, providing explanations of major variances, especially in terms fixed cost and other variable cost against Business Plan and Forecast.
- Participates in financial meetings as requested. Ensures compliance with accounting principles and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting with a concentration in Accounting required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) plus years of related Accounting experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting standards.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools required.
- Experience in Audit and International accounting required.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and tax regulations required.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Windows-based databases.
You will work on complex assignments which requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. This role requires someone that can work with minimal instructions or oversight. You may serve as an informal team leader and guides the work of lower level accountants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.