Senior Financial Analyst
- Corporate Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Our client is an innovative team with a global presence, located in the Farmington Hill, MI area. They are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a long-term contract (12+ months) with the potential of converting to full-time. They will have this person working with sales of their finished good models. You will be looking at actual sales rate and quantity variances versus the forecast and business plan and will also be managing selling price changes.
- Participates in the development of Company’s accounting policy mainly for the issues related to Company’s financial reporting.
- Exercises professional judgment in making frequent, appropriate recommendations for (1) New types of reports, etc. 2) Revisions in the reporting system or subsidiary records 3) Changes in instructions regarding the use of accounts and new refined account classifications or definitions.
- Leads business process change teams for financial and operations flow improvements.
- Guarantees timely and accurate completion of financial reports/statements to meet established month-end and year-end deadlines.
- Reviews financial reports and statements for accuracy and be prepared to answer questions as requested.
- Reviews accounting reports and internal audit packages requested by HQ (North America and APAC) for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews forecasting / budgeting information for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Interprets the meaning of financial reports and statements.
- Assists in monthly Financial Meeting as requested. Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information. Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Overall skills include:
- Advance analytical skills to explain Profit/Loss performance of actual results versus budgeted/forecasted results
- Prior experience with accounting month end close activities related to Sales and Cost of Goods Sold
- Prior accounting and/or finance experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferred
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or BS/BA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- Seven (7) plus years related Financial Analysis experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Work under minimal supervision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. SPLICE and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and will not discriminate based on any factors. We don't discriminate nor work with clients who do.