Re-advertisement: Program Assistant
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organization founded 58 years ago, and now operating in 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 41 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
In the Mekong Delta of Vietnam, SNV Vietnam is implementing the project Transforming the Rice Value Chain (TRVC) for Climate Resilient and Sustainable Development (TRVC) in An Giang, Dong Thap, and Kien Giang provinces. The project aims to use a results-based financing mechanism to incentivize private enterprises in the rice value chain (RVC) to invest in scaling sustainable rice production among smallholder farmers (SHFs) and marketing domestically and internationally in the most rice intensive production provinces over five years (2022 2027). It is built on three core strategic objectives, namely (1) improving climate resilience, (2) optimizing rice value chain linkages, and (3) developing carbon markets. The TRVC project aims to build on the successes of the AgResults Vietnam Emission Reduction Challenges Project (AVERP), which piloted the results-based prize incentive model in the Thai Binh province to attract a diverse pool of private sector actors to implement improved rice farming practices.
We are seeking for highly qualified candidate for the post Program Assistant to support the implementation of project.
Under the leadership of the Team Leader, the incumbent will provide the following roles and support to entire implementation of the project.
- Provide overall administrative and logistical support to the Team Leader and the programme team to ensure the projects operate smoothly and effectively.
- Support in preparation, consolidation and management of contracts, partner contracts (in collaboration with advisors), program/ project documentation and correspondence.
- Together with advisors-in charge, follow-up on partner contracts and contract implementation, financial advances, reporting and clearance.
- Record financial transactions of TRVC program as SNV’s regulations.
- Prepare and check monthly, quarterly and annual program financial accounts.
- Reconcile bank balances and manage liquidity levels of the program.
- Follow up on the related receipts and payments of TRVC.
- Make travel and logistics arrangement for organizing project events, missions, visitors, workshops/meetings etc.
- Provide interpretation/translation in case of need.
- Manage the filing storage (hard and soft copies), including consolidating and uploading project agendas, plans and reports to the appropriate SNV shared drives.
- Other tasks assigned by the Team Leader.
- University degree in economics, developments, business management or relevant subject.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience at international organisation(s).
- Takes initiative and creative in solving problems.
- Ability to manage multi-tasking and to work both independently and with a team.
- Good organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Vietnamese).
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email).
- Willing to travel to other provinces.
Contract Duration: SNV Vietnam offers one year employment contract with possible extension upon the performance-based.
Desired start date: [Jan 2024]
How to apply?
A highly qualified Vietnamese candidate with international experience is encouraged to apply. If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation in English until 1st December 2023, 5:00 P.M. Hanoi time.
Applicants will be requested to provide us with the contact details of three people who are willing to act as a reference. We will only contact these references after your explicit permission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
SNV strives to be an inclusive employer, thriving on the diversity of its people and does not discriminate on the base of disability status, religion, ethnic origin, gender and sexual orientation, etc.
At SNV we prioritise safety and security for all employees. We conduct thorough background and reference checks concerning possible safeguarding incidents for all candidates applying for International determined positions. As SNV participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a request to past employers to fill in a questionnaire regarding Misconduct (sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment), the “Statement of Conduct". This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.