Senior Procurement intern
- Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development Organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 24 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Overview of the position
SNV has worked in Tanzania since the 1971 and currently has field offices in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mbeya and Mwanza. In alignment with our Corporate Strategy, SNV Tanzania focuses on three core sectors namely Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) as well as youth employment.
In view of the above the Procurement department need to recruit a competent and qualified intern to assist the team in ensuring all the project’s procurement of goods and operations services are achieved according to the project guidelines and in a timely manner.
• Assist Contract & Procurement advisor, contract and procurement Officer in Procurement of goods and services in compliance with the Procurement policy;
• Participate in opening of tenders, quotations, and evaluation;
• Make hotels and flight booking for SNV staff;
• Updating procurement status contracts tracker;
• Scanning of various procurement documents;
• Expediting delivery of goods;
• Facilitate filing of contract documentations, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist;
• Assisting in the registration of new vendors;
• Assisting in contacting vendors and supporting them in the finalization of their request;
• Assisting in managing vendor databases;
• Sending communications to vendors;
• Assist with the preparation of documents and implementation of the document/file management system;
• Participating in team meeting;
- Tanzanian national preferably with a Bachelor of Business Management in Procurement & Logistics or equivalent with at least foundation certificate issued by PSPTB;
- Procurement analysis skills;
- Supply chain management skills;
- Report writing skills ;
- Team player, problem solving and networking skills;
- Excellent listening skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills (in English and Swahili);
- Experience of computer skills, such as the use of MS-word, excel.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-development, initiative-taking
Contract Type: Internship
Contract Duration: Four months
Expected Start Date: 1st September 2022
Information Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of Energy experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org.
How to Apply:
The vacancy is for internal and external candidate and it will active up to 29th July 2022 and all application should be through Smart Recruiters on the following link https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SNV