WASH Field Supervisor - Birendranagar, Surkhet
- Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV is a non-for-profit international development organization that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We focus on three sectors (WASH, agriculture, and renewable energy) and have a long-term, local presence in over 25 countries worldwide. SNV has been working in Nepal since 1980. At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class, or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation, and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive, and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence, and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people's lives. For further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
WASH SDG programme:
SNV implements the WASH SDG programme in four cities of Nepal: Khadak, Nepalgunj, Chandannath and Birendranagar. The overall goal of the WASH SDG programme is to improve health and quality of life of people across all social and ethnic groups through access to sustainable, inclusive, safe sanitation and improved hygiene practices. SNV is promoting city-wide inclusive development so that WASH facilities will be safe, accessible, and usable by everyone. SNV’s WASH SGD project since its inception has focused to frame solutions within a ‘citywide service chain approach’ and, define and promote viable options for business models for FSM (Faecal Sludge Management) services. SNV aims to work with local authorities to seek sustainable financing for viable FSM business models, business plans, encourage private sector participation and explore pathways for repayable funding. It aims to sustainably improve access to, and use of, safe drinking water for at least 450,000 people, sanitation for at least 2 million people and improve the hygiene behaviors of 1,6 million people before the end of 2022. The programme is built on three core strategic objectives: (1) increase demand for improved WASH facilities and practices; (2) improve the quality-of-service provision; and (3) improve governance of the sector. SNV operates in partnership with local municipalities as well as with implementing partners.
The WASH field supervisor will be based in Birendranagar. H/she will serve as a primary contact between the project and local stakeholders, implementing partners and will be familiar with capacity-building, behavior change and infrastructure components of the project. H/she will interact with local stakeholders, government line agencies, implementing partners and other concerned stakeholders to facilitate implementation of WASH SGD project in the Birendranagar city.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Overall, the WASH field supervisor will work with and support the city officer for accelerating the implementation of WASH SGD programme.
- Maintain coordination with relevant WASH sector stakeholders at local level as per need and use the forums for sharing learning from the project.
- Maintain regular communication with the city officer (Nepalgunj) implementing partners and ensure that relevant information is fed into concerned line manager.
- Participate in relevant meetings with the local authorities, or other relevant groups at field level with implementing partners
- Monitor the work of implementing partners and provide support whenever required
- Support in handling administrative, financial, in compliance with organization’s rules and regulations.
- Monitor and report the works of implementing partners
- Coordinates day-to day activities in coordination with implementing partners
- Assure timely reporting on quarterly progress from implementing partners
- Any other assignment as assigned by project team which contributes to achieve the impact and outcomes results
- Bachelor’s degree (completed) in a relevant field, such as administration, management, engineering, social science, or development.
- Experience of at least 1 year in hands-on project operations or implementation of WASH projects.
- Experience of at least 1 year in partnerships with local governments and local implementing organizations.
- Desirable: Familiarity with the WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) sector and issues in Nepal, particularly in urban and semi-urban settings.
- Proficiency in MS word and MS excel.
- Language Proficiency in Nepali (excellent) and English (Good)
- Ability to live and work in the assigned duty station for the contract duration (preferance will be given to local residence).
Report to: City Officer
Duty Station: Birendranagar-Surkhet
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract (full time)
Contract Period : 4 months with the possibility of extension
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page with three refree) and motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button before 2 May2022.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org