- Harare, Zimbabwe
- Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic service empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV is dedicated to a society where all people enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We contribute to this by strengthening the capacity of local organizations. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene.
Under the direct supervision of Procurement Manager, the Operations Intern provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
- Assist in drafting bid documents, procurement committee matrix reports and, ensuring consistency in applying the SNV procurement procedures.
- Create procurement purchase order transactions in SAP by Design
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Task Orders, or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment which includes the provision of goods received notes and service completion form.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Graduate with either a University Degree or Professional Diploma in Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration with one year working experience (attachment work experience). Applications will be considered for those who have graduated from such studies within the past 3 years prior to the application date of the internship is required.
Duration of contract:
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting an Expression of Interest which will include CV and past performance referees in English before 10 December 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment