Global Tax Advisor
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day
SNV is now looking to hire an experienced, pro-active Global Tax Advisor who actively contributes to SNV’s operational excellence in delivering impactful and compliant projects. SNV's organisation and business model is continuously developing as is the regulatory environment we work in. The Global Tax Advisor is responsible for the further development of our tax policy, procedures and control framework. The Global Tax Advisor supports and advices global teams as well as country operations on taxes and tax related issues. The position of Global Tax Advisor is newly created, to lead in ensuring SNV is and remains tax compliant in the evolving context. The Global Tax Advisor is part of SNV’s Global Finance Team, based in The Hague.
The Global Tax Advisor will work as an all-round advisor to SNV in-country offices and global teams, including Corporate Affairs, Finance, Business Development and HR, and will liaise with our external global and in-country tax and legal consultants as well as Dutch tax authorities. The Global Tax Advisor coordinates, supports and monitors compliance with tax regulations for SNV as a whole. For this we seek an enthusiastic and solution oriented professional, with a sharp eye for details, thorough, self-organised, able to prioritise and with strong communication skills in multi-cultural settings.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares and maintains a tax control framework for SNV including relevant templates, instructions and tools. Leads on further development of SNV’s policy, procedures, quality assurance standards, systems and tools related to tax and tax compliance and provides tax analysis and advice to the Managing Board on risk and opportunities.
- Ensures control over SNV’s (international) tax position and supports teams with mapping the tax aspects of SNV operations, contracts and/or projects.
- Advises on and responds to questions from SNV colleagues, donors or tax authorities on tax related matters, where appropriate in collaboration with external tax advisors.
- Provides quality guidance, support and training to colleagues on tax compliance procedures and prepares reports in line with management information needs of different functions across SNV
- Identifies gaps and areas of improvement and proposes solutions to ensure compliance with regulations and having sound tax positions
- Maintains a good relationship with SNVs external tax consultants and the Dutch tax authorities acting as the first (internal) point of contact. And negotiates and establishes task orders related to tax services provided by external consultants
- Master’s degree in (international) Tax Law or related field or equivalent by experience
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in tax advisory role (7+ years), preferably in an international context
- Broad experience with Dutch and international tax law (including VAT and withholding tax) and experience with tax frameworks in international business and organisations
- Knowledge of and experience in tax policy in the NGO sector (including Dutch foundations) is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and intercultural sensitive· Able to explain complex issues to different audiences
- Fluent in English and Dutch; French is an advantage
Contract Type: National Dutch contract, Part-time
Location; The Hague, Netherlands
Contract duration: one year initially with possibility for extension based on sufficient funding and performance
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, with highly motivated colleagues, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
We will require that you provide us with the full details of three people who are willing to act as a reference. We will not contact these references without your explicit permission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation by ticking the 'I'm interested' field before 24th of October 2021.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.