Gender and Social Inclusive (GESI) Officer
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH. SNV works for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
As our programme in Nepal is looking to increase its impact both in quality and volume of work. To support this we are looking for a talented and experienced dynamic Nepali professionals to join our team to provide cutting edge cross-cutting GESI expertise in our portfolio. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change.
The overall responsibilities will be to lead the overall integration of GESI aspects into SNV Nepal programmes, partners and stakeholders working in the field. Working with the field team (both technical and operations) and through providing technical support on GESI as well as ensuring conducive working environment for all. The officer will also provide technical support to local collaborate i.e. partners executing GESI responsive interventions. Similarly, s/he will be responsible for facilitating a participatory process in order to identify a targeted GESI strategy and framework at district as well as watershed levels in planning, implementing and monitoring of place based program implementation in close coordination with Project Lead (s), MEL Advisor, Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor Program Impact.. S/he will play lead role to conduct GESI analysis and support in developing and implementing GESI responsive project plans. The officer will also explore opportunities to support SNV Nepal field teams in ensuring meaningful engagement of women and marginalized caste and ethnic groups in different levels of project interventions. In addition, ensures different vulnerabilities, roles and responsibilities of women and marginalized caste and ethnic groups are timely raised and ensured during the program planning and designing phase of development stakeholders and state governments. Develop GESI knowledge based products and briefing papers as per the programme requirements including participation in knowledge sharing and reflection events (internal and external) to share experiences and learning from GESI perspective.
In close coordination and support of Project Lead (s) and MEL team to undertake the following;
- Support the in-depth GESI Assessments, data collection for Surveys in the field and develop/refine GESI action plan based on assessment results, ensuring proper implementation of the action plan at the field level
- Support and coordinate with the SNV field teams to promote equity and inclusion integration into program interventions through identifying power imbalances and understand marginalized groups’ vulnerabilities and interest;
- Provide guidance to technical team on integrating GESI specific requirements in designing, planning and implementing strategic approach specific interventions;
- Support integration of GESI aspects into the M&E system and processes to ensure that gender and inclusivity are reflected in output, outcome and impact level indicators;
- Collect sex, caste and ethnicity and age disaggregated data while performing proactive and recurrent gender analysis throughout program interventions.
- Undertake field visits to monitor and track progress of SNV Programme activities using qualitative research tools from GESI perspective working together with partners and field teams.
- Support field research including unpaid care work innovation grant research and GESI components of GESI climate research.
- Provide strong technical backstopping to technical resource persons of WEE initiatives
- Document community concerns and recommendations on how to best overcome identified challenges like engaging men, women, boys and girls, people with disabilities from diverse caste/ethnic groups in WASH and Energy sector programming.
- Explore and recommend meaningful methods to include men, women, boys and girls and people with disabilities from diverse caste/ethnic groups in the program activities through regular interaction with program participants and representatives of partner organisations and local government, where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, social science, or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of five years of experience in development projects with 3 years of core experience in GESI. Experience in women economic development is preferable
- Track record of experience on GESI capacity development of program staff and partner organizations
- Good in GESI analysis
- Ability to facilitate and synergize the efforts of a multi dynamic and disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Experience of working with Local Partners, Local NGOs, government agencies, Development Partners, Civil Society organisations and integrating them into program implementation
- English fluency, both written and verbal, is a requirement. Fluency in other regional/local languages of Western and Central Nepal will add value.
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Experienced on training design and facilitation
- Willingness to travel frequently to remote districts of Nepal
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use different online platform
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: National Employment Contract
Duty Station: Birendranager, Surkhet
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button before 4th July 2021.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org