REQUEST TO SUBMIT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR ENERGY AUDITING CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO ALLIANCE GINNERIES LTD
- Kafue, Zambia
- Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Energy, Agriculture and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term local presence in more than 27 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. We support people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. More specifically, our work includes advisory services, evidence-based advocacy and implementation at scale.
Since 2019, SNV is implementing the INCREASE (Increasing Climate Resilience in Energy and Agricultural Systems and Entrepreneurship) project with funding from the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA). The project aims to contribute to resilience in farming and agribusiness by working with the targeted private companies, to encourage the smallholder farmers to adopt climate smart agricultural practices and deploy decentralised energy systems to increase and stabilise production. The project will also work with mandated public institutions to influence formulation and/or implementation of policies that enable private enterprise in the 3 agricultural value chains to thrive. INCREASE is running from 2020 for an initial 3 years and will work with leading private sector companies in dairy, cotton and horticulture. The geographic focus is Southern, Lusaka, Central, Copperbelt and Eastern Provinces.
The scope of the energy auditing assignment will include the following:
- Undertake a detailed energy audit planning with a lens on both electrical and thermal energy use of the SME/facility
- Review the existing and planned energy needs and services of the SME/ facility
- Assess the existing historical energy utilization, energy cost data and load profiles of the facility
- Undertake onsite measurements/logging for electrical and thermal energy systems in the facility with appropriate calibrated equipment
- Conduct an energy utilization, economic and financial analysis based onsite energy use measurements and energy tariff structure
- Quantify the total energy savings (kWh) and energy cost savings (ZMW)) as per energy efficient and renewable energy opportunities identified.
- Prepare and submit a detailed energy audit report with a complete technology and economic analysis of the energy management opportunities (renewable energy and energy efficiency options)
- Prepare a detailed draft implementation plan for the identified energy management opportunities including identification of potential vendors for RE and EE solutions
- Prepare and present the audit findings and identified energy management recommendations to SNV and audited facility.
The energy audit shall be executed at least by two experts in electrical and thermal systems respectively with the following desired qualifications and competencies:
- Identify feasible energy management opportunities (renewable energy and energy efficiency) in both electrical and thermal energy systems existing in the facility
- Undertake an economic and financial analysis of identified energy management opportunities
- Compile a detailed energy audit report including renewable energy and energy efficient technology and practice recommendations
1. Detailed Technical Proposal
2. Detailed Financial Proposal
3. Company profile
4. Certificate of incorporation
5. Valid tax clearance certificate
6. Valid ZPPA certificate
7. TPIN Certificate
8. Annual report (incl. financial report) of last 2 financial years
9. Physical and official email address
10.Provide three (3) business client referees within the past five (5) years.
Detailed specifications and requirements are well stated in the Request for quotation (RFQ) attached to the link below.
SNV Zambia may request for further necessary information during the evaluation.
SNV will only contact the successful bidder (s) within the period of 2 weeks from the closing date of submission.
Access the RFQ and Terms of Reference Documents follow the links below:
Only electronic submissions will be accepted
Submission should be made through [email protected] not later than 17:30hrs, 14th May, 2021.
The hard copy sample should be delivered to SNV Zambia office 7 Nkanchibaya road, Rhodes park. PO box, 31771 Lusaka Zambia. Not later than 17:30hrs, 14th May, 2021.
For any clarifications, contact [email protected].