Global Safeguarding and Inclusion Advisor
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth.
We apply our know-how to realise effective solutions and deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and our specialised expertise in agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, our projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of the projects themselves. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/
At SNV our people are our greatest asset. Our unique organisation attracts individuals who take initiative and ownership and can truly contribute to our strategy and mission to improve the lives of millions of people.
The culture at SNV is informal, rewarding, and challenging and teamwork plays a key role. We value diverse perspectives and give people the opportunity and responsibility to grow SNV around the globe. SNV staff thrive in an environment of meaningful work and are proud of the results they achieve.
SNV is committed to fostering an organizational culture of integrity, policy compliance and openness, based on our values of trust, respect, equity and people-centeredness. The Global Safeguarding and Inclusion Advisor is integral to this and is a critical role in enabling the organisation to maintain and nurture a safe and inclusive work environment across the organisation.
The Global Safeguarding and Inclusion Advisor has an advisory and compliance role vis-a-vis country teams and drives efforts to continually raise team member awareness and capability in relation to safeguarding standards, expected behaviours and best practices for creating safe, inclusive work environments and organisational culture.
Your main responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the further development and/or maintenance of SNV’s Safeguarding standards and framework and establishment of the annual workplan
- Create and/or support in the development of inclusion programmes, tools and strategies
- Coordinate the incorporation of safeguarding into job descriptions, recruitment practices, performance management plan, agreements etc.
- Create processes and systems for projects to monitor and report on local partners’ application and impact of protection policies and guidance
- Strengthen the internal country focal point network, and ensure they have the skills, knowledge and training required to fulfil their role effectively
- Conduct and/or support in investigations pursuant to complaints and violations of safeguarding policies and procedures
- Develop and conduct training of management and team members on safeguarding standards and procedures
- Act as an advisor to the Managing board on safeguarding related matters
- Represent SNV in relevant (international) networks
- A fulfilling role in the global HR team for a dynamic person
- We have the benefits of a sound stable country network built on more than 50 years of SNV experience.
- A solid compensation package including holiday allowance and end of year allowance, definite contract, 30 annual leave days, pension scheme, learning opportunities and global travel.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and recognized relevant certification and knowledge of current best practices relating to ethics management
- At least seven years of experience in areas related to safeguarding and inclusion, with direct involvement in the delivery of international development programmes, preferably with the UN, a humanitarian organization, and/or international NGO, and sound knowledge of the development and implementation of standards of conduct
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in using a survivor-centred approach
- Working experience in a similar position in an international non-governmental organisation is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the latest development in protection mainstreaming around PSEA, CP and TIP as well as international standards and normative guidance around PSEA, CP, and TIP.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with bilingual command of English and French, orally and in writing.
- Proactive and effective communication skills, including the ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to inspire trust and to demonstrate high personal integrity is crucial
- Excellent facilitation, training, networking, and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organisation
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position offering a competitive – Dutch employment - contract, salary and secondary benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
SNV is a global organisation committed to bringing different people, ideas and perspectives together.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before April 19, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, at least two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement