Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer - SUPREME Project
- Arua, Uganda
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries; across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
SNV is currently implementing a component of Security Protection and economic empowerment project (SUPREME) in a consortium of 4 development organisations in West Nile region of Uganda with funding support from the European Union. Under SNV SUPREME component, the project will work with private sector businesses to implement inclusive business models that provide benefits for members of Savings and Development Clusters (SDCs) by providing business development services and challenge grants investments. It is against this that the project is looking for qualified grants management officer to provide support in managing this grant with the private sector.
For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Service & process delivery
- Provides process services and delivery to reach project goals, as advised by the advisor within given guidelines, ensuring consistency and quality of deliver. Guides and trains locals in (training towards) performing conform project goals.
- Develop tools for tracking activities, capturing monitoring data and storage/consolidation.
- Develop monitoring and reporting framework per output areas and activities
Internal and external communication
- Informs and is informed about the development / changes in the project, is consistent responsive to the client community and pro-active and confident in engaging with external stakeholders (government, NGOs, private sector or other relevant stakeholders).
- Develop tools and framework for capturing and sharing learning within the project and within SNV.
Project data handling
- Collects data in the field (paperwork) checks and enters all relevant data into relevant system(s). Signals abnormalities.
- Support PM in reporting by providing summary on progress of activities and results under each output.
- Provides all the qualitative and quantitative data relevant for the reports as per the project reporting schedules.
- Follow up on the reporting timelines internally to ensure that the technical team members provide information/data required for the consortium timely reporting.
- Provide technical support required for innovative and quality reporting both internally and externally e,g analysis tool and graphics etc.
- Support the project partners (LCBs) and Private business with tools to capture and report on progress as per the agreements.
- Assesses service delivery quality and adapts service processes, to increase efficiency.
- Attend all MEL related meetings and trainings organised by SUPREME consortium.
- Contribute technically to the development of any tool being jointly development with other consortium MEL members.
- Update the consortium on any MEL related issues as may be assigned by the PM.
- A University Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, and or in any related field.
- Post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes in areas of sustainable markets development, youth in agriculture, energy efficient solutions, and agribusiness finance.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising inclusive business cases;
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Word, Excel and financial applications.
- A self-motivated achiever with excellent leadership, teamwork, coaching,
- Communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethics, high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good report writing skills with proven ability to compile case studies, practice and policy briefs and (other) documents for learning and sharing.
- Good skills in data base management including data analysis.
- Computer skills and software applications (email, word processing, spreadsheets, statistical programs, preferably also ODK or google forms).
- Skills in team work, facilitation and training.
- Sensitive and committed to gender equity and diversity.