Advisor (Business Development)
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 25, many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global teams of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the Origination Facility, will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case/projects which can subsequently be picked up by the Finance Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, match-making and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government's efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For more information on DFCD, visit www.thedfcd.com and https://snv.org/project/dutch-fund-climate-and-development-dfcd.
SNV, as part of a consortium, will implement a global fund that will provide finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation and mobilise external private sector funding at scale.
Indonesia is one of potential countries for DFCD and currently, has two DFCD business cases.
The Business Development Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to companies within value chains to develop a pipeline of investable businesses cases in Indonesia with the support and supervision of the SNV Agriculture Sector Leader and SNV Country Director.
1.Provide support in scoping and structuring new business cases in Indonesia.
- Contributes to the identification and preparation of investment proposals, undertaking analysis and discussions with internal staff & clients as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance of business cases with the fund's assessment framework
- Supporting planning and execution of due diligence visits
- Participates in client visits when requested
- Analyses financial data including ratios, projections, budgets, etc.
2. Providing efficient coordination and TA support to approved OF-IC projects in Indonesia:
- Lead and manage the technical assistance that SNV has to provide to the approved OF-IC projects to private companies
- Assure that the Landscapes approaches/narratives will be completed
- Supervise the SNV advisors/consultants in order to achieve high quality and timely the agreed results and deliverables of the project's milestone action plan and the elaboration of a final Business Investment Plan to be presented to the DFCD Investment facilities.
- Build, strengthen and manage strategic partnerships with private companies as with local civil society and local governments.
- Ensure timely and accurate project reports in accordance with SNV reporting and monitoring standards.
- Communicate regularly with DFCD project team in Indonesia, Vietnam and Netherlands to provide update, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans, as well as budget review.
3. Providing lead support to:
- Identify and elaborate proposals for addition resources of Business Origination services in Indonesia.
- MSc in (agri)economics, finance and/or business administration.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in business development and project management
- Working experience in an international environment and/or in emerging markets is a plus.
- Proven knowledge on Climate Change and Sustainable Development.
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills, including financial modelling skills;
- Strong administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships
- Displays a strong service and client orientation;
- Strong team player;
- Good networking skills;
- Pro-active work attitude and 'can do', solution-oriented attitude;
- Strong skills in planning, administration, organising and prioritising;
- Risk aware and able to escalate issues when necessary;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Affinity with SNVs mission.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button by latest 28 January 2021.