Gender and Social Inclusive Advisor – Programmes & Impact Team
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH. SNV works for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
As our programme in Nepal is looking to increase its impact both in quality and volume of work. To support this we are looking for a talented and experienced dynamic Nepali professionals to join our team to provide cutting edge cross-cutting GESI expertise in our portfolio. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change.
Summary of the position
As part of the Core Team, the GESI Advisor will be expected to bring extensive gender and social inclusion knowledge in Nepal utilising SNV global partnerships and knowledge on GESI programming, research and evaluation. Knowledge of gender and socio-economic dynamics in different geographic locations across Nepal will be essential. The GESI Advisor will play a critical role in mainstreaming GESI considerations at all levels and in all components of the project considering power differences, and will be responsible for materializing the three components of the GESI approach -namely improving access to public decision making; women entrepreneurship and recognizing and understanding the dynamics of exclusion.
SNV is seeking an expert in Gender Equality and Social Inclusion to work alongside SNV Global GESI and Sector teams to understand issues, such as how gender inequality and social exclusion impact access and availability to WASH services. Providing advisory and product design on how these can be addressed in practical terms, working with multi-tiered government, partners and local stakeholders. The GESI Advisor will manage a small team of advisors, alongside responsibility of GESI related project workplans, supporting timely and quality delivery across the portfolio, and country level GESI strategies. The advisor will support business development in the WASH, Agri and Energy sectors, and actively participate in national level dialogue in our relevant sectors feeding in SNV learning to the national sector spaces.
- Cutting-edge Advisory to WASH & ENERGY Sector programmes including undertaking GESI programme reviews, training package development, policy frameworks (with a focus on sub-national governance).
- Knowledge Management which contributes to internal and external learning in relation to GESI Energy/WASH/Market development.
- Coordination and contribution to global partnerships through our Multi-country programmes.
- Project and Process development to strengthen programme quality.
- People & Partner management and GESI capacity building.
- National dialogue
- Business Development
- University Degree, preferably Masters level, in the field of development, gender, economics, social sciences, or related studies;
- At least 7-10 years and above experience in providing technical assistance in Gender Equality, Social Inclusion, Community Engagement and Accountability in WASH and/or Energy projects;
- Experience managing teams delivering high quality programmes and developing and implementing programme workplans;
- a deep understanding of technical issues regarding WASH and/or Energy, community and partner engagement and capacity building, government engagement and policy/capacity support, and roll-out of project and organisational strategies with a very good understanding of social and gender;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and operational knowledge of inclusion.
- Strong networking, partnership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
- Ability to produce high quality knowledge products
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Ability to travel frequently to the project operational areas – approx. 30%
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: National Employment Contract
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button before 20 December 2020.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org