Deputy Project Manager and Value Chain Advisor
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is an international development organisation established in 1965. SNV has a local presence in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, providing market-driven solutions in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our team of 1,300 specialists and generalists, nationals and internationals, women and men, young and more seasoned colleagues are the backbones of SNV.
SNV, in response to the 1974 drought in northern Ethiopia, started working on the Food for Work Program, called Kobbo-Lalibella Road Construction project - which involved 6000 farmers. Successfully completing the project, SNV started implementing other rural development projects focusing, particularly, on capacity development of key stakeholders in different sectors. Currently, we are working in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sectors to making a lasting difference in the lives of people. SNV strives to ensure that women, men and youth balance benefits from their efforts. Presently, SNV Ethiopia is implementing over 14 projects in more than 369 woredas; Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa City Administrations, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region, and Tigray National Regional States.
SNV Ethiopia with other consortia members including CARE Ethiopia, ORDA, REST and Agri Service Ethiopia has started implementing Feed the Future Ethiopia: Livelihoods for Resilience Activity, a 5-year USAID funded project in three regions, namely Amhara, SNNPR and Tigray since January 2017. The project is operational in 37 woredas i.e. Ofla, Zata, Alamata, Endamehoni, Neksege, Emba Alage, Bora, Silewa, Hintalo, Wajirat, Ganta Afeshum, Bizet, Hawzen, Gulomekeda (Tigray);Guba Lafto, Habru, Raya Kobo, Meket, Wadla, Menz Mama, Menz Gera( Amhara);Misha, Lemu, Anlemu, Soro, Mirab Soro, Duna, Kochire, Wonago, Dilla Zuria, Aleta Wendo, Dara, Boricha, Bilate Zuria, Derara, Aleta Chuko and Dara Otilicho (SNNPR).
The goal of the project is to reduce food insecurity and increasing resilience for households (HHs). Specifically, the purpose of the Livelihoods for Resilience Activity is to enable 97,900 chronically food insecure households HHs to graduate from the PSNP with resilience.
Thus, SNV Ethiopia is looking for dynamic and experienced candidate for the aforementioned position.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
The Deputy project manager and Senior Value chains advisor reports to assist the PM in coordinating the overall project planning, inception, implementation, closing and the workforce of the project, within scope, budget, timeline and acceptable quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders. He/she maintains relationships with other stakeholders to the effective implementation of the project.
- Project set-up and design
- Project Management
- Project quality assurance
- Contract Management & Project Accounting
- People Management & Team Leadership
- Advisory Services
- Business development
- Knowledge Development and
- Analysis and reporting
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (plant sciences, animal sciences, agribusiness, agricultural marketing, agricultural economics and related fields);
- Minimum of eight years of experiences in value chain development and related projects
- Sound knowledge of market systems analysis, strategy formulation and agricultural commodities marketing
- Adequate knowledge in facilitating and supporting pro poor value chain development
How to Apply
Should you need to review the full job description, please find attached herewith by right click and open the new tab in the below link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GAhKB-tm_MZLQSeUvei6P7pk_57D0pv1/view?usp=sharing
Candidates should apply by sending:
i) A motivation letter including one-page summary of experience (mandatory)
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae, (mandatory)
iii) Names and contact details of three professional referees.
· If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our house recruitment system on or before 10 November 2020.
· The Title of the Position You are applying for MUST be mentioned on the subject of your motivation letter.
· Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only shortlisted Applicant will be contacted