- Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Summary of the position:
The position is responsible for providing transportation service for SNV program implementation in Ethiopia-Particularly within Oromia region in line with SNV vehicle management policy and SNV safety and security procedures at all times. The position holder has also an over responsibility of supporting the Finance team, Logistics and procurement teams as required.
Key Responsibilities and Results:
- Safe driving resulting in the timely arrival of passengers and goods at the destination.
- Vehicle operation and safety.
- Regularly check and maintain themain maintenance areas of the vehicle
- keep logbook of all driving activities, fuel and any incidents and accidents
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
Education and Work Experience
- Completion of high school and/or Vocational training in Auto mechanics
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in driving 4WD field vehicles
- 3rd-grade driving license,
- Good knowledge of preventive maintenance
Necessary skill and attitude needed
- Energetic and motivating attitude.
- Working language of SNV and local languages.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Minimum 3rd level driving license.
- Team player with networking abilities.
- Pragmatic and solution-orientated approach
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before or on 30 September 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with the position title as subject/reference.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Please indicate in your application letter for which location you apply.