Contracting and Procurement Advisor
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development is one of the largest Dutch not-for-profit development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is seeking a dynamic and pragmatic professional to drive SNV’s excellence in contracting and procurement. The Contracting and Procurement Advisor brings best practice into SNV, provides in-house advice to (senior) management on contracting, procurement and related donor compliance topics in projects, at country (where most of SNV’s procurement happens), global team and corporate level. This position requires travel to SNV countries to build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and provide quality and audience appropriate support and training. The Contracting and Procurement Advisor is part of the Business Support and Control Team in SNV’s Global Finance Team, based in The Hague.
- Oversees, develops and maintains SNV’s Contracting and Procurement Policy area, accompanying guidance and tools to ensure efficient, competitive, transparent and compliant contracting and procurement across the organisation;
- Provides proactive backstopping support to selected SNV grants and service contracts, including advice on compliance requirements, specific procurement and contracting processes;
- Advises on, and supports, the contracting and procurement infrastructure in SNV country and global teams and within SNV’s broader policy and operational environment;
- Provides specialist advice on vendor, consultant and partner contract templates and negotiation processes at key moments during the project cycle, from proposal design and project execution;
- Based on evidence from backstopping to projects and advisory services, identifies risks as well as systems and process improvements, proactively develops and implements solutions to ensure ongoing excellent contracting and procurement at SNV;
- Based on his/her expertise, understanding of relevant risks as well as the learning and evidence generated through his/her support, ensures effective learning between project, country and global team colleagues. Leads on the design and delivery of audience appropriate capacity development on contracting and procurement for SNV staff and partners;
- Actively keep informed of donor related developments and advises SNV (senior) management on contracting and procurement and risk mitigation on this topic.
- Master’s degree in public procurement, international law, commercial engineering, other relevant field or equivalent by experience;
- At least seven years of relevant and demonstrable experience working on contracting and procurement in an international development cooperation context;
- Expert knowledge of SNV’s key donor requirements (such as Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UK Department for International Development, European Union, Swedish and Swiss Development Agencies, World Bank) as applied to contracting and procurement;
- Demonstrable experience of contract management;
- Experience of Business Development and managing international development projects is desired;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, conceptual thinking, financial literacy and analysis;
- Willingness and ability to travel to SNV operating countries;
- Ability to work independently, draw on external networks, provide pragmatic advise and translate ‘contracting and procurement language’ to a non-specialist audience;
- Team player, good facilitator and an excellent communicator in English. French Language proficiency is desired;
- Familiarity with SNV’s leading sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) is also desired.
Contract Type Dutch Employment Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Duty Station: The Hague, The Netherlands
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, a global network of experts. For more information, please visit: www.snv.org
How to Apply:
If you believe your credentials meet the profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter by Friday, August 7, 2020.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement