Climate Change Advisor ((Re-advertising)
- Bamako, Mali
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization, which provides capacity development services to nearly 2,500 organizations in over 30 countries worldwide. SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for excluded groups and by making markets work for the poor.
SNV as part of a consortium will implement a global fund that will provide finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation and mobilize external private sector funding at scale.
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the Origination Facility, will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case/projects which can subsequently be picked up by the Finance Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, matchmaking and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government’s efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SNV seeks an experienced Advisor to join the SNV DFCD origination facility team to be responsible for the effective development and inclusion of Climate Change Resilience (CCR) with a special focus on Climate Smart Agriculture and Renewable Energy in the identification, generation and graduation of DFCD OF supported business investment proposals in West Africa. She/he will report to the Country Director and Project Manager DFCD and support in the development of business investment cases process.
- Lead the early strategic identification of CCR opportunities for the inclusion and development of DFCD business investment case ideas in West Africa.
- Advise and coordinate with the DFCD Regional Investment Officer and Project Coordinator on the identification and support of business case proposals.
· Strengthen CCR capacity development of the SNV teams in West Africa.
- Link CCR actions in west Africa to wider SNV activities at regional and global level.
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge development on CCR and liaise with relevant stakeholders in this regard
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with donors, partners and country management teams
- Profile and position SNV on CCR in West Africa towards potentially interested donors and strategic partnerships with other national/regional and global actors
- Lead and support SNV Business development efforts on CCR to ensure additional funding through submission of successful proposals.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline/academic qualification: Agribusiness, economics, finance, enterprise development…,
- Five years or more of progressively responsible work experience in Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, and Climate Smart Agriculture and/or Renewable Energy
- Up- to-date technical knowledge on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation and related national, regional and global policies and mechanisms related to West Africa
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in West Africa (preferably Sahel).
- A good understanding and appreciation of the gender and youth themes in agribusiness
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work within teams
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organization
- Excellent inter-agency relations management and negotiation skills as well as high level
interaction experience with different stakeholders (think-tanks, COG, national governments)
- Excellent French and English communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel frequently to project locations and internationally
How to apply
Kindly apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and applying letter and CV that contains three referees in English before 30th June 2020. No need to apply for those who have already applied.
Internationals based in Mali can also apply
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.