Project Support, Learning and Communications Advisor– Subject to Project Award
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Position
SNV is looking for candidates for a position in an expected Corona response and resilience project (pending donor approval) that will have a team of 6 FTEs and is anticipated to start by 1 July 2020. The project will provide backstopping, guidance and learning to a portfolio of some ten (major) on-going DGIS-funded projects in various African countries. This will lay the basis for strengthening the immediate and medium-term responses of those ten projects to the challenges created by the Covid-19 situation. The ten projects operate in local food systems / value chains in horticulture, oilseeds, pulses, dairy and pastoralism/livestock with a particular emphasis on small and medium enterprises and overall chain development. The project is envisaged to have four components: * Rapid analytics, * Strategic strengthening of local food chains and markets, * Hygiene in value chains, and * Digitalisation.
For this project, SNV is looking for a professional with the following indicative profile:
- A relevant academic degree in (applied) technical, social or management sciences.
- Affinity with/some field level experience in Africa or other international development settings.
- Minimum 2 years experience with, and an ambition for quick further professional growth in, process and project management - including team collaboration practices, project finance & administration, M&E and governance dimensions.
- Ability to be a linking-pin in the project with its direct network of nine lead projects across Africa and numerous external partners.
- Experience with and ambition for shaping learning processes and platforms in a community of professionals, including the maintenance of key content and communication formats.
- A quick learner, systematic worker with good reporting and excellent (written) communication skills.
- An analytical and critical mind, helping to keep the project on track and directly cooperating with the project manager.
- Ability to operate in an agile team, with the required degree of self-steering and adaptive management.
- Proficiency in English and preferably French speaking.
Contract Duration: TBD (up to maximum full project duration 2 years)
Expected Start Date: July 2020
Duty Station: The Netherlands
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter in English until June 7, 2020.
Working at SNV:
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -