- Maroua, Cameroon
- Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV is a non-profit international development organization with a local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisers works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their income and access basic services. SNV works in three sectors: agriculture, renewable energies and water, sanitation and hygiene.
For the implementation of his activities in the Far North, North and Adamaoua in the PRESEC project (Project to strengthen the resilience of the populations of the northern regions of Cameroon), SNV Cameroon is looking for 01 temporary Accountant based in Maroua.
The temporal Accountant will be part of a cross functional project team responsible for quality implementation of European Union grant funded projects. The team includes specialists in Program Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and relevant thematic areas such as Infrastructure, Health, WASH, etc.
The Temporal Accountant’s role within this team will be to provide support in the inventory and chronological archiving of project documents which includes and not limited to payment vouchers, selection reports, various bids…….
Working closely with Finance project team members and Country Finance Manager:
- With the help of the GL listing, verify the existence of all expense documents recorded in the accounting software- SAP ByDesign.
- In respect of the voucher package list, arrange the documents in each voucher package in the appropriate sequence and staple firmly
- Cancel all payment vouchers with a paid stamp
- Arrange the vouchers by budget line as will be indicated by the Project Administrator and file in archive boxes
- Identify any shortfalls on the vouchers for updates (this can be missing documents, incomplete signature, etc)
- Prepare the detail electronic content of each archive box following the prescribed format
- Print the electronic content and paste on the archive boxes for easy reference
· Higher National Diploma/BTS in Accounting/Finance/ Economics/Management or equivalent.
· At least 2 years’ experience in an Accounting role.
· Fair knowledge of Filing & Archiving
· Good experience and knowledge on internal financial controls and procedures.
· Strong ability to work in a methodical and systematic manner according to agreed procedures
· Good experience in project reporting requirements and
Good computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet and databases.
How to Apply
The duty station is Maroua and the duration of contract is 2.5months
To apply for this role please forward your resume and cover letter, by April 23, 2020 in the link below:
.Please reference Temporal Accountant - in the subject line. Applications can be submitted in English or French.
The written test will be done only in SNV Maroua Office.
NB: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation.