Human Resources Officer
- Kampala, Uganda
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries; across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for a highly experienced dynamic professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Position
If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient and effective, give us a chance to interview you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want a committed,approachable individual with good character and good soft skills.
· Support the recruitment drive by; advertising recruitment opportunities; and screen applications received against job requirements.
· Working with the hiring manager, set up and serve the interview process – confirming interview date/time with candidates and selectors, ensuring interview questions and copies of CVs are available, assessment tests undertaken, room bookings made.
· Obtain references, correspond with selected candidates regarding offers, confirmation of appointment and employment contracts; informing other candidates of their selection result.
· Set up and update the HR files for appointed candidates once contract is signed.
2. Staff Development
· Support the HR Department to map staff development and training requirements, in line with the annual performance appraisals.
· In coordination with Operation and Program departments, arrange for the on boarding and induction of new personnel; ensuring that they registered within the necessary systems (including SbD, Timesheet, Payroll, Performance Systems).
· Assist Programming & Operational leadership in the identification and monitoring of suitable training programs for staff development. Conduct after training surveys to assess the outcomes and impacts of these development trainings.
· Advise and assist both Programming & Operational management and employees with respect to employment issues and concerns; through the interpretation of applicable HR policies and procedures.
3. Support to HR Systems & Information
· Support efficient use of SAP by Design by all staff in ensuring all HR related tasks are completed within the system.
· Conduct routine HR correspondence in line with requirements and as authorised by the HR manager.
· Support to the HRM in the production of the monthly staff pay roll in line with agreed procedures.
· Maintain relevant HR databases and systems – SAP, SABA, and Smart Recruiter by providing routine summary reports to the HR manager.
· Track completion by managers of the annual Performance Appraisal Review process (PAR), bringing issues of concern to the HR manager.
· Maintain up to date HR personnel records, and exercise confidentiality at all times.
· Arrange necessary HR exit processes for separating staff
4. General support
· Complete other related tasks as assigned by line manager.
· Fully participate as an HR team member and with other organisational events and requirements.
· Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration, and psychology.
· At least 5 years at medium level in Human Resources Responsibilities for an international organisations or private institutions;
· Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in Human Resources.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to Human Resources of donor funds;
· Proven experience in risk management;
· Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation;
· Excellent communication and organisation skills, including the ability to articulate Operations and logistical data to non-Operations audience;
· Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment;
· Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel, including complex/compound spreadsheets and other accounting package is essential;
· Must be a member of a professional body like HRMUA, CIPD, and CHRM
· Excellent command of English language both written and spoken.
Application Deadline: by 29th April 2020.
Contract Duration : 2 years initial contract with possible extension
Contract Type: Uganda National Contract
Desired Start Date: 1st June 2020