Country Finance Manager
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Contract type: National employment contract
The Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization that believes in contributing to poverty alleviation in Zambia through various programs/projects that it implements. There is great opportunity by all people to pursue their own sustainable development and SNV is working with different groups in pursuant of the same. SNV provides services in Agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Renewable Energy. The recipients of these services include governmental institutions, non-governmental organizations and private sector organizations, communities and individual household.
Purpose of the Job
The CFM will ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the Corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at timely, complete and up to date insight in the (financial) performance of the country and projects.
The CFM is responsible for coordination with the global finance function at SNV The Hague and compliance with corporate financial policies and guidelines. . The CFM is member of the Country Management team.
Summary of main tasks and responsibilities.
Finance strategy for country
- Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations.
- Contribute to development of the country strategy, management agreement and projects.
- Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
Management of Country Finance function·
- Organize the Finance function in the country and manage the employees, activities and all aspects within the team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realize the department's objectives.
- Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
- Participate in relevant (corporate) projects.
- Act as source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
- Act as Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine budgets within the approved threshold, in line with and compliant with corporate guidelines.
- Ensure timely and proper project administration by Project Manager and Project Administrator(s) and support Project Manager in the set-up of project governance, administration and finance procedures, guided by the contract signed with the donor and compliant with SNV PM and Finance policies and guidelines, SNV corporate governance table and donor procedures.
Management and donor Reporting
- ·Present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management. Signal and advise Country Director on issues regarding the financial status of projects and participate in the discussion with responsible project managers if project profitability gives reason to.
- Report regularly on the overall country financial situation, using the corporate reporting formats and within the guidelines of the Global Support Unit Finance for management discussion.
- Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends, time registration versus planning and financial status of projects.
- Support and give guidance to project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to SNV donors according to donor requirements.
- In collaboration with Project Manager and Project Administrator, ensure proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines.
Financial Planning and Control
- Lead the development, consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds.
- Support budget holders in, and ensure compliance with internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency improvement.
- Ensure control, monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in the country, including logistics, purchasing and ICT.
Financial Accounting & Administration
- Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations.
- Ensure processing of accounts payable and receivable·
- Ensure adherence to tax related requirements and compliance with local (tax) regulations, including corporate income tax, VAT, Sales Tax, Personal Income Tax if and where applicable.Review receivables for doubtful debts and set up appropriate provisions.
- Carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts and manage the cash and liquidity levels.
- Carry out credit management of all donor receivables and ensure that credit due to SNV is pre-financed and invoices issued to donors are settled on time and in full.Ensure compliance of LCB financial transactions with ICF and all payments are substantiated with invoices, purchase orders and satisfactory evidence of work completion.
- Ensure proper registration, documentation and archiving of relevant financial documents.
- Check and consolidate financial data for the country and/or project budgets
- Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Regional Finance Controller, country management team and Project Managers.
- Conceptual working and thinking level with at least 6 year proven experience in similar position
- Knowledge of Finance package and systems such as SAP
- Well grounded, well-seasoned financial professional, with full understanding of the core processes
- Academic qualification- MBA or MSc. Finance or professional Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- ZICA Membership besides membership of other professional body a must
- Experience in working with International NGO’s is an advantage
- Reliability- In meeting deadlines
- Accuracy- In accounting
- Forecasting – In bringing realistic financial data together
- Team work – Ability to delegate and work top-down as well as horizontally
- Communications – Ability to articulate finance to non-financial people and manage flow of communication
- Pro-active – General pro-activeness and adaptability to change.
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae in English on or before the 31st March,2020. ONLY for Zambian Nationals.