CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Consultancy contract
Technical support to cooperatives for Innovative Business Plan Implementations and coaching
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Objectives of the assignment
- Provide tailored technical support to review, update and institutionalize (create ownership) of the innovative business plans of targeted cooperatives,
- Design and implement capacity building initiatives (training, coaching, mentoring, etc.) that enable cooperatives leaders translate business plans into practices,
- Provide ToT to government and, implementing partners, experts that enable them provide tailored and effective technical support in designing and implementing business plan,
- Assist cooperatives to develop and practice innovative business plans to mobilize financial resources internally (own sources/retained earnings, members share contributions, etc.) and externally (financial institution),
- Review & revise training modules filling their gaps for use,
- Document all the process and outcome and share the experience, learning and recommendations through technical briefs, case stories, etc.
Competency and academic qualification
The consultant to be delegated for this particular assignment should possess the following competency and academic qualifications:
- The consultant/trainer must possess profound experience, knowledge and skill in pro-poor value chains development approaches, marketing, and cooperatives business developments;
- The consultant/firm/team should have Master’s degree in Agriculture, cooperatives management/marketing, Agricultural economics/Economics with at least 10 years of practical experience working in agriculture with particular focus in cooperatives business & capacity building areas;
- Experience in undertaking similar assignment/s in practical training in business plan developments, cooperatives marketing’s, cooperatives business/financial linkages;
- The consultant/team should have experience in designing and undertaking cooperatives capacity gap assessments, training modules development, and delivery of trainings;
- Proven experience in delivering training to farmers and experts in cooperatives business managements, marketing, and financial managements;
- The consultant/team should be active with shared responsibilities and practical engagements in the activities;
- Regional presence is preferred (specially for Tigray);
- Integrity, timeliness, openness to learn, willingness to have long term engagement with SNV Ethiopia
Interested Firms can get the detailed TOR and full package of the assignment by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZITQUNw7oH6GIqd3Eu7hEvU3jeajZ22/view?usp=sharing
All interested firms/ should submit a hard copy of the technical and financial proposal in a separate envelope marked TECHNICAL PROPOSAL and FINANCIAL PROPOSAL with the name of the specific consultancy assignment.
All submissions of interest should be sent to on or before January 21, 2020 Close of Business (5:00 pm) to the address below:
SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines SKYLIGHT HOTEL; 200 meters from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.