Business Development Officer
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Overview of position
The Business Development Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to local companies within value chains with the aim to develop a pipeline of investable businesses cases in the assigned countries with the support and supervision of the Regional Investment Officer. The BDO will report to the Regional Business Officer and the SNV Country Director.
1.Provide support in scoping and structuring new business cases in the assigned countries in the region.
Contributes to the identification and preparation of investment proposals, undertaking analysis and discussions with internal staff & clients as appropriate
Ensuring compliance of business cases with the fund’s assessment framework
Supporting planning and execution of due diligence visits
Participates in client visits when requested
Analyses financial data including ratios, projections, budgets, etc.
Supports legal contracting process supported by a legal advisor
2.Monitoring a portfolio of contracted grants in the assigned countries.
• Prepares (credit) reviews incl. market and financial analysis
• Provides inputs to the regional Business Investment Officer by responding to requests for information/support
• Undertakes administrative tasks to ensure file completion (compliance and reporting)
• Participates in client monitoring visits when needed
3. Providing analysis and support
• Provide support on repeat transactions for existing clients
• Assists team members in other aspects of the portfolio management process
• Msc in (agri)economics, finance, business administration or engineering;
• Minimum of 4 years working experience as investment inclusive business expert;
• Working experience in an international environment and/or in emerging markets is a plus.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting a cover letter ,CV and Salary History of the last Three (3) Years in English before the 26th November, 2019.