- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is a Dutch-based, non for profit foreign charity operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in the eight+ regional states of Ethiopia which include– Addis Ababa, Afar, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul, SNNPR, Oromia, Amhara and Tigray regional states, providing technical assistance and program implementation in the major 3 sectors including Agriculture, WASH, and Energy. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian Need people through best practices in value chain, market, and youth and gender. Through its work in the three sectors, SNV in Ethiopia supports the development of a number of value chains and commodities to improve the Livelihoods. This takes a value chain and market development approach, with special focus on improving access to sustainable markets for smallholder farmers, youths, urban development and by developing business-to-business relations and improving business development services.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Overview of RAYEE Project:
SNV is partnering with Mastercard Foundation to implement the Realising Aspiration of Youth in Ethiopia through Employment- (RAYEE) project in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, SNNP Regions, and Dire Dawa City Administration. The overall objective of this project is to secure dignified and fulfilling employment and income for 240,000 youth (of which 70% are women) with a focus in the Agribusiness sector. The project aims to achieve its objective through the promotion of micro and small enterprises for self -employment and securing wage employment for unemployed and underemployed youth through efficient market-driven skills development, job matching and improved performance of enterprises. Furthermore, to improve longer-term scaled up young women and men’s access to employment the project together with stakeholders will influence the existing youth employment ecosystem.
Summary of Position
The Project Manager shall be responsible for the overall coordination and management of the Project activities implementation. The PM will lead and oversee all aspects of RAYEE Project including planning and implementation of all project activities, results-based management, and donor and client/partner relations. The PM will lead diverse team advisors and professionals to deliver an ambitious target leading to improved livelihoods for 240,000 youth and women in Ethiopia. The Project Manager is responsible for overall management of the project which includes: technical oversight and guidance of project activities; efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of project budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations, administration, logistics and procurement; supervision of monitoring and evaluation; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by the donor. S/he will ensure full compliance with all donor and other government regulations and procedures. S/he will oversee orientation & performance management of all project staff working exclusively in his/her project.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline: International development, Business management or administration, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Labour markets development, or a related field of study - appropriate for a market-based approach to employment in diverse contexts. Strong experience in youth and gender programming.
- Very good professional (theoretical and practical) experience in market systems development and facilitation (MSD);
- Excellent experience in facilitating stakeholders engagement including assessment of incentives and capacity (attributes and gaps);
- Experience in youth employment and youth livelihoods development activities; with demonstrated experience in promoting urban and rural poor groups, especially youth and women
- Minimum of ten years of progressive responsibility work experience in managing and implementing multi-dimensional donor-funded development projects;
- Solid experience in project management including proven experience in managing Financial resources, Personnel and Operations;
- Proven experience in managing partnership projects
- Excellent team leadership and staff motivation skill and capacity
- Proactive and entrepreneurial to explore and develop innovative approaches;
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energize project teams;
- Multidisciplinary profile to support the different specialists in the team;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Strong client relationship experience and focus on the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders;
- Excellent social, networking and facilitation skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 3 years contract with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience with an attractive benefits package. SNV is a global organization committed to bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together. We invite especially women to submit their application as we want to increase the number of women in leadership positions.
Should you need to review the full job description please find below by clicking the following link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/10c7QuAS89yDdYePQV6TyKrYrYCuJLDH4/view?usp=sharing
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before 3rd November 2019.