Junior Data Analyst Energy (national)
- Hanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and has projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV’s Energy Sector in Vietnam has so far largely focused on biomass-based technologies. Its projects aim to create markets for sustainable energy technologies around biogas, cookstoves and waste to energy, as well as gender and climate change mitigation. SNV is playing a leading role and has significant and track record acknowledged on global level.
The SNV Energy Sector in Vietnam is expanding its focus with interventions that give meaning to social inclusion, equity, gender and environmental safeguarding in the energy transition towards renewables. The dynamics around solar projects in Vietnam are encouraging, especially compared to the traditional energy roadmap of coal-fired power plants. However, SNV also recognizes that negative impacts on local communities can occur as a result of large-scale projects due to land re-allocation, and landscape degradation where solar panels are placed in what used to be natural landscapes such as forest.
Goal of the Assignment
This assignment aims to provide a supporting role for on-going SNV activities around innovations for biomass based energy technologies and on the developments in solar energy in Vietnam. An important aspect will be support to collection and analysis of data.
Scope of work
The junior analyst supports our work in the biomass based programmes such as cookstoves and biogas, by helping to set up and give guidance to field surveys, and by cleaning, storing and analyzing input data from the field. The jr analyst helps in R&D activities of improved cookstoves and for biogas technologies.
- Support ongoing desk review and case studies of current practices of “dual use of land for PV farms and Agriculture”.
- Help monitor activities on R&D for biogas technologies through data collection.
- Join field trips if required.
- Support the Energy Sector on any other work that is deemed a priority.
In cooperation with the SNV team, the jr analyst will help to produce the following deliverables:
- Desk study report and a (excel based) model on dual land use practises and (primary and secondary) literature.
- Intermittent presentation updates on progress and challenges for internal learning and knowledge sharing.
- Monitoring and progress reports of R&D activities in the field of biogas.
- One final presentation for an external audience.
The consultant will have the following profile:
- University degree in relevant subject: eg. energy, economics, or social science.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the energy sector, preferably in Vietnam
- Experience in surveys, field work is a pre.
- Good command of English, speaking and reading.
- Analytical focus, interested and motivated to contribute to sustainable development of Vietnam.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit their letter of interest (1,000 words max) and their CV (4 pages max) latest by 12.00pm on 15 September 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.