WASH Officer - Integrated Nutrition, WASH and Agriculture
- Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Within the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) program in Cambodia, SNV is seeking a motivated and qualified national candidate for the position of WASH Officer (Siem Reap) for NOURISH. NOURISH, an Integrated Nutrition, Sanitation and Hygiene project, works to accelerate stunting reduction by focusing on the key causal factors of chronic malnutrition in Cambodia: poverty, lack of access to quality food and nutrition services, unsanitary environments, and social norms and practices that work against optimal child growth and development. The position will be based in Phnom Penh with frequent travel to target areas in Battambang, Seim Reap and Pursat Provinces.
• Assist the planning and implementation of integrated WASH related activities in a timely and effective manner and in close consultation with the WASH Coordinator, WASH Advisors and wider NOURISH team;
• Provide on-going support to government line agencies (PDRD, DORD,CC/CCWC) in the implementation of sanitation related activities in line with agreed work plans and budgets, including in community mobilisation, sanitation demand creation, hygiene promotion, supply chain activities and pro-poor support mechanisms;
• Regularly follow-up to monitor progress at the village, commune and district level and provide feedback to WASH team on progress and any key issues identified;
• Assist the WASH Coordinator and WASH Advisors in project progress reporting and data collection as required;
• Strengthen the communications, relationship and cooperation with existing and potential partners and key stakeholders in the WASH sector at the Provincial and District level;
• Ensure good documentation of experiences and lessons learnt in integrating WASH with nutrition and agriculture in practice.
• At least a Degree in related field;
• At least 3 years' experience and knowledge of current approaches to sanitation and hygiene promotion (such as Community Led Total Sanitation, Open Defecation Free and Behaviour Change Communications);
• Proven track record in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management;
• Experience in working with private sector actors, local communities and government agencies at provincial and local levels;
• Ability to work independently within the context of a larger multi-cultural multi-disciplinary team;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good command of spoken and written English is essential;
• Willingness to travel to program target provinces with occasional overnight.
Reports to: SNV WASH Sector Leader
Contract Duration: May – February 2019
Contract Type: Local Consultant
Desired Start Date: 13 May 2019
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their CV with cover letter indicating fee rate before 24 April 2019 by clicking on the "I'm interested" button and complete their application via our inhouse recruitment system.
All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
If you have any enquires, please contact Mr. Nil Vannak [email protected] (+855) 12 399 916.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -