- Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 28 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Under the guidance of the Financial Accountant, the Finance Intern will offer administrative and finance support to various project teams. He/she will collect and record (financial) data into various systems, all according to the donor- and SNV project policies. The work location is Nairobi with incidental travel to field offices. The roles include:
- Assist with verifying and analysing quotes for selected suppliers for review.
- Prepare payments in SAP by Design and also in the bank platform
- Update suppliers on all payments made i.e. relevant details of the payment.
- Prepare cheque register for bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing bank reconciliations.
- Assist in contacting hotels in making reservations for conferences.
- Ensure that new suppliers have provided all relevant information required to be added in SAP by Design e.g. bank details, postal addresses.
- Reconcile M-PESA payments for participants.
- Assist with scanning documents.
- Review invoices and check whether they match with the LPO.
- Prepare LPO in the system after the supplier has been approved and go ahead for LPO given.
- Find and prepare documents in preparation for project audits and filing them back in an orderly manner.
- Review expenses returned by staff to check if they reconcile with work advance given and prepare a spreadsheet for approval.
- Check for completeness of documents before payments are done.
- Prepare logistics schedule for events, which advises the person traveling on hotel booked, driver allocated and contacts for the same.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or business administration with a CPA Part II or III.
- At least 1 year experience in Finance and accounting
- Knowledge of NGO/ International development financial policies would be an added advantage.
- Keen to learn
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy ; Ms Word, Excel and power point
- Professional etiquette
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I'M INTERESTED” tab above/below and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 15th February 2019 attaching your CV and Cover letter.
We do not appreciate any commercial mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Kindly note that SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment. Only shortlisted will be contacted.